Thursday, May 8, 2014

In Napa at Last

In April, we embarked upon our 2nd annual trip to Napa with our dear friends, Vic and Mo. Of course, you can't land in San Francisco and not take photos on the Golden Gate Bridge. So whadya think: was it windy or did I have a senior moment when I fixed my hair? LOL
I took quite a few photos in Napa (a shock, I know). Here are a few from our first day. I took these at the Beneserre Winery. It looks like an Italian name, doesn't it? I can hear Sophia Loren pronouncing it Ben-a-sare-uh. But she'd be wrong. It's not Italian and it's pronounced Ben-ess-er-ie. Either way, the wine was quite nice.
We stopped at the Culinary Institute of America in Napa Valley. 
We decided that the four of us should take a sabbatical so that Rick and Vic can attend the sommelier school at the Institute. Of course, Mo and I would be quite supportive! Mo could make and sell jewelry (she makes beautiful things with beads) and I could write a travel guide for Napa and ride my horse. Maybe even a guide to riding horses in Napa. Sounds like a great plan to me!

And the big news before we left for the trip was this:
Emma FINALLY had a window in her mouth! She was so excited!

Also, there's a new post on the Devotions page of my author's site. It's entitled, "Therefore I am Well-content: Living in God's Grace." Click here to read it.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

Looks like a fun trip! I do like San Francisco...and the cable cars dingding! :D So did the Tooth Fairy leave anything for Miss Emma now that she's all snaggletoothed?