Saturday, October 5, 2013

Goodbye, Paris

Sadly, our last day in Paris finally arrived. We pretty much just lollygagged around, taking some fun photos and doing some shopping. Oh, and some eating. Lots of decadent pastry eating! The first thing we had to do was find a famous eclair bakery. Oh. My. Word. It was awesome!
Then we needed to walk off those eclairs. They're what we had for lunch. :) These are just random photos I took as we walked.
Yup, another carrousel. Right in the middle of a neighborhood. So charming!
Another church, the name of which I can't remember. My brain is too busy thinking about those eclairs. I can seriously almost taste them.
I like this one. Me and my goofy angles. 
One thing we really love about Paris are the gardens. They're everywhere.
This is the historical library for the city of Paris.
We decided to take a batobus (water bus) ride along the Seine. 
We have no idea who these people are, but they stepped aboard to get some wedding photos with the Seine in the background.
These are some shots I took as we cruised along the Seine.
I think this shot of Thomas Jefferson. It makes him look huge!
This is the Musee d'Orsay.
This beautiful building is the Paris Opera House. The sky and clouds were perfect for taking photos.
There is a humongous store in Paris called Galleries Lafayette. It actually consists of several large buildings. It's even bigger than Harrod's in London. We went in to explore it. I wanted some French perfume that I can't buy at home. The store was soooooooo overwhelming, yet beautiful. Its center is open, giving the circular floors an incredible view. 
This is the dome ceiling.
After an afternoon of shopping, we made one last stop at a street cafe for dinner. 
Adieu mon bien-aimé Paris. Mauvais vous voir de nouveau.
(Goodbye my beloved Paris. I'll see you again.)

That's all she wrote about Paris.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

I have 20 minutes before I can eat breakfast today (can't eat for an hour after taking my thyroid meds) so all those photos of those beautiful (and I'm sure delicious) eclairs are NO FAIR. J'ai faim!!

Just look at that gorgeous blue sky with fluffy clouds in all your pictures! Looks amazing. Much more fun than the solid gray we've got in England today, but I suppose it *is* England so it's supposed to be rainy and gray!