Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hangin' With Friends

Yup, it's been almost a month since I've blogged. July literally flew past me. Get this: I took @1,800 photos just in July! I need to do tons of sorting before I post 'em. So I thought I'd start with the cutest photos and move forward. Check out this cutie patootie!
This is Miss Sophia, the granddaughter of our we-are-attached-at-the-hips friends Vic and Mo Gulas. Along with Alex (their daughter) and Sophia, Vic and Mo came to visit over July 4th. We took Vic and Mo to Newport, Rhode Island to tour some mansions and and enjoy a nice dinner. I've posted pics of The Breakers (the Vanderbilt "summer cottage") and Marble House before, so I'll only post a few new ones here. (If you want to read the historical data about these, click here for The Breakers and here for Marble House.) First, The Breakers.
This was the "play house" for the Vanderbilt kids. It's what most of us would call a "summer cottage." 
This is the view of the mansion from the playhouse.
And now for Marble House.
Here are Vic and Mo enjoying the wonderful view at Marble House.






The next day, we all took a Duck Tour of Boston. 
Vic and Sophia
Alex and Sophia
I've posted pics of most of this stuff before, so I won't bore you again with all of the details. 
This is an actual piece of the Berlin Wall.
Views of the Boston skyline from the Charles River.
Once again, Miss Emma got to drive.
A few more views by land...
Miss Sophia sure enjoyed her ride on Brittany's shoulders.
Sophia also enjoyed my puppies...

...as well as Brittany's pool.
And yes, that is an itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka dot bikini, courtesy of Brittany and Emma.
Miss Emma showed off mad her jumping skills.
That's their visit in a nutshell. Plus a whole lot of talking. And eating. And laughing. And wishing that we could still live five minutes apart.

Off to sort through my photos from Seattle. Have a great Saturday!

By the way, Happy Birthday to my amazing and beautiful daughter, Brittany! I love you, sweetheart!

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time during their visit! And just look at those hydrangeas, one of my favorite flowers. I had a little one on my kitchen windowsill for a while and almost killed it, so Lee took it away from me and planted it in the backyard. The less I mess with it, the better it does--it's actually blooming again :)