Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Left My Heart in San Francisco...

I got to spend nine wonderful days in SUNNY California! After the long winter at home, the sunshine was a welcome sight. My first stop was Palo Alto to visit Brennan. We spent a day in San Francisco.  I've never been in San Francisco on such a clear (meaning no fog) day. It was gorgeous! This is the Ferry Building clock tower at Pier 1. We parked here and walked all the way up to Pier 39 and back. Good thing we did~we  splurged on cheeseburgers and fries for lunch.
Okay, I have no idea why these photos uploaded in such a lopsided, hinky way. I know that I straightened them, and they still look straight in my photo editor. Go figure. Anyway, here are some shots of the Golden Gate Bridge from different vantage points.
I took this shot just for Rick. He dreams of being the retired guy on that sailboat. Of course, he also imagines that I'll be his 60-something-year-old wife in a bikini alongside of him on that boat. Yeah, FAT chance of that!
I don't why this shot is so awful. Oh well. This is Alcatraz. 
This is looking from the bridge across the bay to downtown San Francisco. See, I told you that it was a gorgeous day! 
This one is soooooooooo crooked, ha ha! Still, my baby boy is quite handsome if I do say so myself, which I do. 
My hair bears witness to the wind. It might seem like Brennan held onto me so that I wouldn't blow over the side of the bridge. Nope. He just loves his mama. :)
We also enjoyed some fun family time. We went to Rick's sister's house and were thrilled to hear that Jessica and Pete became engaged the night before. We are thrilled! Pete's a super nice guy from Boston. He and Jess come out here to visit every once in awhile, so we've had the pleasure of seeing Pete quite a few times. The best part is that he's a Red Sox fan! That means I can still like him while Jessica roots for the SF Giants, hee hee!
I had to play with my new camera to get some shots of Jessica's ring. I didn't yet have my Macro lens which is too bad because the ring is really GORGEOUS!
Here's a group shot in Mary's kitchen. Back row: Pete, Jessica, Barbara (Rick's sister and Jessica's mom), Allen (Barbara's hubby and Jessica's dad), David (Barbara and Allen's son), Michael (Rick's brother that lives near us), me, and Brennan. Front row: Xander, Quinn, and Mary (Rick's sister, mother of Xander and Quinn).
We also celebrated Barbara's 60th birthday
and Xander's 8th birthday.
Then I had to leave Brennan. He has this thing called a job which seriously cuts into our mama/son time. So I left my heart in San Francisco (actually in Palo Alto, but I couldn't find a famous song called "I Left My Heart in Palo Alto") and moved on to my next stop.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Sparkle Smith said...

Glad you had a fun time in Cali! The pictures look gorgeous!

Christy Lynn said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time in San Fran! And definitely splurge on food there; after all, if you do any amount of walking whatsoever, SF is the one town where everything definitely *is* uphill both ways. I spent a day out on the town with my aunt when I was 18 and the waiter at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. (from Forrest Gump) would not stop hassling me for ordering a hamburger. Obviously I am not the only seafood-hater since they have burgers on the menu!!