Thursday, May 2, 2013

Easter

Guess I'd better get my act together and post Easter photos before Mother's Day, huh? 

It's not my fault that I'm so behind.

Really, it's not.

You see, I bought a totally awesome new camera. Since I convinced Rick that I needed this camera, I felt that I was obliged to make good use of it. So I've been learning how to use it, which takes a lot of time. Tons of time. Tons and TONS of time. I've only owned it a month and I've already taken over 1,000 photos. See? Totally not my fault! I did it to make Rick happy.

Oh, and Spring finally arrived two weeks ago! Of course, that means that Emma and I have been busy doing some VERY important things.

UBER important things.

Such as swinging on the swing set.

Playing with sidewalk chalk.

Smelling flowers.

Running and being silly, happy girls.

See? Again, so not my fault. God is charge of Spring. I was simply responding as I should.

Oh, and then there was the 9-day trip I took to northern California.

I needed to see Brennan because I miss him soooooo much.

That is most certainly not my fault. It's Brennan's fault for being such an awesome guy.

Then Rick caught up with me and we spent four days in Napa Valley with our dear friends, Vic and Mo.

That wasn't my fault at all. I mean, maybe I kinda sorta mentioned the idea of the four of us going there. But the other three really jumped on the idea and Rick planned it all. All I did was join them.

Again, so not my fault. I did it for Rick, Vic, and Mo.

(Okay, so maybe it is all my fault. But it's way better than admitting that I have a grandma brain and keep forgetting to upload my photos.)

Anywho, let's get back to Easter, shall we?

The first task to be done was the dyeing of Easter eggs. Who doesn't love to do this?
Aww...look what Miss Emma wrote on the egg she decorated for her mama. (Mom, BFF means Best Friend Forever.)
I made a princess chicky. 
My sweet, beautiful, precious girls!
We gave this bunny to Emma. We recorded a message for her which plays when she squeezes the bunny's tummy. Emma LOVES it. Brittany, I'm sure, will hate after she's heard if for the 100th time, ha ha.
The Easter Bunny knew just want Emma had wished for: a basket full of books!
Hey, Mama~notice that Emma is holding her bunny, Maddie, that you gave her for her birthday.
Don't worry: the Easter Bunny also left plenty of chocolate!
I made homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Y U M ! My family thinks they're better than Cinnabon. They really are delish, which is why I only make them on holidays. We could seriously eat them every weekend. Pretty sure my jeans would complain about that.
Keaton happened to be here for Easter. My mama heart was so happy!
Uncle Keaton was in charge of hiding the Easter eggs. Yes, we still had snow at Easter. And yes, Uncle Keaton hid eggs in the snow!
Oops...Emma tipped over her egg basket!
I love this shot because I caught Emma's hair in motion. Click it to enlarge it and you'll see what I mean.
You can barely see a purple egg hidden in the tree to the left of Emma's left arm.
See the purple egg hidden in the rocks?
Treasures!
Papa stuffed a boatload of candy into Emma's mouth
which made her really happy!

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

Wow, you guys go all out for holidays. I don't think I've dyed Easter eggs since I was maybe 10?

Don't worry about being separated from the computer and actually *living* your life instead of keeping your blog updated. The blog is a great reminder of things you've done, places you've been, people you love--but you have to actually get out and do those things IRL to blog about them!