Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

First, the good: Emma lost her first tooth! The new tooth was already coming in behind it. She's quite excited about the "window in her mouth."
The tooth fairy made her appearance. Not only does she now leave $1 per tooth, but she has learned how to make origami shapes with dollar bills. Pretty awesome, huh?
And the good continues. I took Miss Emma on a little shopping spree yesterday. I bought her a puppy.
Okay, so it's a stuffed puppy. Actually, it's a stuffed "Nana" from Peter Pan. I also bought her a new pair of awesome purple shoes and a purple Starbucks drink. 
Don't judge me. I'm Giffy. Have you read the definition of Giffy lately? I'm pretty sure it says something like "Giffy. Noun. The one who lives to love and spoil her granddaughter." Ha!

As for the bad: you are well aware of what happened in Boston on April 15th. I was traveling in northern CA at the time. I've only lived in MA for ten years, but it has undeniably become MY city. It was surreal to have something like that hit so close to home. I won't go into a big thing about it. Suffice it to say that my thoughts and prayers are with those personally affected.

Now for the ugly. 

We have a place out here called Davis' Farm. It totally rocks! Kids can go in and hand feed animals, bottle feed babies, etc. For the past few years, Emma has adored this llama named Snickers. If I were to say that Snickers has a face that only her mother could love (meaning that she's ugly), I would surely offend my llama-loving readers. So I won't say it. But take a good look at this photo. If you want to, click on it to enlarge it.
That's right. Emma KISSED Snickers right on the lips! Actually, I think Snickers kissed her. Either way, Emma seems to be having fun. Inside my head I am SCREAMING. The germaphobe inside of me is having a meltdown. How in the world could she kiss a llama? A llama that lives in dirt and eats all kinds of icky things??? I feel like I'm Lucy in a Peanuts cartoon strip: "Ugh! I've been kissed by a dog llama! I have dog llama germs! Get hot water, get some disinfectant, get some iodine!"

I am quite sure that when I saw this photo my face contorted itself into something UGLY, into a face that not even my mother could love.

Hence, the good, the bad, and the ugly!

No comments: