Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Rumor Has It...

Rumor has it that tomorrow is the first day of Spring. I'm fairly certain that my mom and mother-in-law began that rumor and sent us this little gift today. 
Yup, I awoke to 8 inches of snow, and it's still snowing. In fact, we will probably get at least a few more inches. Late winter storms dump heavy, wet snow. 8 inches of heavy, wet snow + 50-year-old hands, shoulders, and backs + said 50-year-old's stubborn attitude + 1 hour of shoveling = 1 reprieve from the treadmill, 1 long hot shower, 1 or more cups of tea, and lots of Advil. (If you ask Rick, I'm pretty sure he'll emphasize the stubborn part. He suggested that I use the snow blower, but I insisted that I could easily use a shovel. I should have listened to him!) 

I'm not sure how our moms managed to orchestrate all of this, but I suspect it was done to persuade us to leave these New England winters behind and return to sunny California. 

No comments: