Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Slice of Heaven for Little Girls

Ok, it's not the actual heaven, but the American Girl store is a close second. Well, it's a close second for little girls. And for their grandmas. So imagine my delight in Emma's recently discovered passion for all things American Girl. My friend, Arlene, spoiled her first!
Then we (which means me and Rick but as you'll hear, he was pretty clueless, ha ha) gave Emma a gift card for the American Girl store.
Notice our attire (well, not Papa's). I told Emma that for her birthday Papa and I would either take her out to her favorite restaurant or we would cook her favorite meal for her. She voted for her favorite meal, meaning breakfast for dinner, rainbow sherbet for dessert, and pajamas for comfort. (Rick did end up changing into his pajamas. Somehow I missed taking a photo of that. Or maybe I took one and he deleted it before I posted it here and on Facebook. Hmm. I need to look into that.)
It started snowing as we ate dinner. Naturally we had to catch snowflakes on our tongues. And just so you know, snowflakes taste better when you're wearing pajamas.
The next day, we ventured out to the American Girl store. Emma's AG gift cards (a few other people sent them to her as well) were burning a hole in her pocket. (This is where you should imagine me shrieking like a little girl! Oh yeah I'm pretty sure Emma was shrieking as well. So was her mommy. Papa not so much.)
See how happy we were? Yes, I know my eyes were closed. This was day 6 of what is now a 21-day migraine cycle. Had to keep my eyes closed under those bright lights. But there was no way I was going to miss this adventure!)
Later, Emma dressed her two dolls (Caroline on the left and Rebecca, whom mommy gave to her for Christmas, on the right), borrowed her mommy's iPhone, then took and texted this photo to me all by herself.
We've playing with her dolls ever since. 

2 comments:

Maggie said...

It looks like she had a ton of fun! My childhood self is jealous! (When I was little I always wanted to go to the American Girl store but there was only one in Chicago or something.)

arlene said...

Love the excitement in her voice as she was picking out her new doll. The store really was amazing. I also can't get over how well she reads, but then again it really doesn't surprise me considering her Giffy is an an author.