Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful for the Laughter

I never got around to making Thanksgiving cards this year. My bad. However, I know what will make my mama happier than a card: a post all about Emma. She particularly likes the "Emmaisms" So here you are, mama!

Rick and Emma were playing in the basement. Apparently Rick was a genie granting wishes. Wanna know Emma's wishes? 1. That she could be a real, live princess! (Shocked, aren't you?) 2. That all unhealthy foods (candy bars in particular) would be healthy foods. 3. That there wouldn't be any wars. Then she added, "And genies should have moms to teach them the rules!"Apparently Papa wasn't a well-behaved genie, LOL.

Emma would like to be a teacher because then she could talk as much as she wants to and could make ALL of the rules.

"Mommy, the more cookies you let me eat, the sweeter I'll be." See, Christy? It's okay to love cookies!

One weekend, when Brittany asked Emma to clean her room, Emma replied, "Could I please see the rule book?" HA HA HA HA HA! Brittany, good luck with this when's she's 15.

One morning, during one of my hot flashes, Emma touched my cheeks and exclaimed, "Giffy! Your cheeks are on fire!" Oh, sweet child, little do you know...

Emma gave mommy a makeover:

Brittany told Emma to clean her room. Emma responded by saying she didn't understand because she was being a baby gorilla. Brittany responded with her best monkey noises and then asked Emma if she understood now. Emma said, "No, Mom. That was more like chimpanzee."

Brittany and Emma were strolling through the mall the day after Halloween. Santa was already there. Exclaimed Emma to her mama, "Come on, people! It's not even Thanksgiving yet!" Apparently she doesn't realize that the Hallmark Store has Christmas on display ALL YEAR LONG.

Emma informed me that she really, REALLY wants to be a REAL, LIVE princess! (Thankfully she doesn't want to be a real dead princess.) I asked her why. Her reply? "Then I could wear fancy, sparkly dresses ever day. I could run through parks singing whenever I want to. I could marry
a sweet, handsome prince. The only thing I wouldn't like about it is having a wicked stepmother. They're mean and not at all pretty. Oh, and I wouldn't like the kissing part with the prince, either." HA HA HA HA HA!

This one was awhile ago, but still hilarious. While taking a shower, Emma commented, "Mommy, how old are you when your chest balloons get blowed up because I really don't want those."

One night in bed, Emma was "tooting." She said, "Mommy, I think I fart stars. They're gas and stars are balls of gas, so I really think I fart stars." So now we call it "making stars." There could be constellations named after her!  While I'm on the subject, why are "stars" so freaking funny to kids? Emma erupts with laughter whenever "stars" are made. When I was teaching, there was nothing like a few "stars" to get the whole class off track. The louder and more odorous the stars, the funnier they became. Emma's gonna have a blast when she's old. She'll making stars all the time without even trying. LOL

I've mentioned that I am learning to speak French. Every day, Emma wants me to teach her to say something. Right now, she loves saying "Je m'appelle Emma" (my name is Emma), "J'aime mon Giffy" (I love my Giffy, though she wishes there was a fancier word for Giffy), "Le garcon est petit" (the boy is small, directed at Papa) and "Le garçon n'as pas de cheveux" (the boy does not have hair, again to Papa). She wishes I knew how to say "making stars" in French.

This may be a repeat post. I can't remember, and it's too good to leave unposted. We chat with the girls over Face Time (Apple's version of Skype, a video chat) before Emma goes to bed. One night she was being silly with her mama as we encouraged her. Brittany said, "Giffy and Papa are trouble!" Gotta love Emma's reply. "No they're not! They're old. Old people are funny!"

Here's a little Thanksgiving story for you, Mom.
video
I am so thankful for the laughter and joy Miss Emma brings to life. Such a blessed gift is she!

One last Emmaism: "Giffy, today in school we learned about Thanksgiving. We had popcorn, dried cranberries, and cornbread. And we learned all about the pilgrims who came over here on the Cauliflower."

Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments: