Friday, July 20, 2012

I'm Working On It

We arrived home safely from our trip, which was so beyond awesome! Unfortunately, we brought home an unwanted souvenir: a yucky head cold that struck all six of us. But I probably shouldn't complain, since I'd much rather have brought home a cold than bedbugs, which is what I always fear when I travel. And if you know me at all, you know that bedbugs would soooooooo freak me out! Just the thought of them makes me itchy! 

We spent 2 weeks traveling in Italy and Paris. We literally were on the go for 12-14 hours a day. We walked 4 to 5 miles a day, which is a good thing because we indulged in an awful lot of yummalicious food, so all of that walking kept us from gaining any weight. And my son figured that we encountered between 4,000 and 5,000 steps as in stairs. My knees hate me but the rest of my legs look like I worked out a lot so that's a plus. And I have to sing praises for Miss Emma. She kept up the pace and did everything that we did. Rewarding her with gelato every afternoon did the trick. 

You may remember that I've been having storage issues with my computer. Apparently I shoot a lot of photos and videos. I'm sure you can guess who stars in most of them. :) Anyway, Rick ordered a new hard drive for me and it arrived yesterday. So as I type this, I am downloading my trip photos. It may take awhile. It says that I have 1,767 new photos. I don't remember pushing the little button on my camera 1,767 times. But then again, I barely remember what I ate for dinner last night, ha ha. So it's going to take me a few days to get through all of these and write some blog posts. So hang in there, Mama~they'll be up soon.

In the meantime, here are two photos to make my Mama happy. This is from Tina's (Keaton's girlfriend) graduation from Stanford.
And this is Miss Emma at a Super Hero birthday party.
That's it for now. Wishing you a happy Friday!

No comments: