Friday, June 1, 2012

Japanese Tea Garden

So the morning that the girls arrived in SF, Emma wasn't feeling well and barfed in the airport. Poor baby girl! The boys came to our hotel to see her and they brought her a bouquet of flowers. Are they not the best uncles EVER?
After awhile, Emma was feeling better so we bravely ventured out to the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park. Brace yourself for lots of tree branches. You now how much I llllloooovvvveeee to take photos through tree branches. And no, all branches so do not look alike. Hee hee.
For instance, I know that I have never posted a photo of branches like these.
And just in case you need a closer look, here's a closer shot taken from beneath the branches.
Just some random shots...
Ooh...this is my favorite through-the-branches shot. I like the juxtaposition of the dark branches and the bright green foliage. 
And I couldn't pass up some water reflection shots.
We liked this meticulously groomed garden patch. I'm sure there's a name for this. Christy, do you happen to know?
I like the leaves and the rocks in this one.
 
Aww...Emma was glued to her uncles.
Emma, of course, liked the duck and the koi. Me, not so much.
All I can think is "eeewww..."
Okay, there is no stinkin' way that I could ever make it across this beautiful bridge. 
 
I would sooooo face plant into the above water with the koi. Then I would inevitably swallow some of the fishy-ridden, mucky, slimy, oh-my-word-I-think-I'm-gonna-die water. With my luck, I'd end up with some unknown bacterial infection. And I am quite confident that there isn't enough Purell in the world to make me feel clean again. So I skipped the drama and let the guys take Emma across the bridge.
That's the teahouse in the upper left garden where we sat enjoyed some Japanese yummies.
Not a great photo, but eh.
These are met two favorite photos. This one because it's so sweet...
...and this one because it shows Emma's silly side.
So there you go, mama~some photos of Emma to make your day!

No comments: