Monday, May 28, 2012

Keaton's Graduation

FINALLY! My computer is up and running again! Yes, that means that my Prince Charming returned from South Korea and figured out the problem I was having. So here, at last, are some photos from Keaton's graduation.

We threw a party for him at Maggiano's. It was all family, with the exception of Mark and Cheri Ranieri. I've known Mark since the 7th grade and our daughters grew up together and are still friends. So really, Mark and Cheri are family, and they drove 8 hours just to come to this party!

You can't see anybody particularly well in this photo. Guess that's what happens with such a big group. Suffice it to say it included the six of us plus Tina (Keaton's girlfriend), Rick's mom and her husband, two of Rick's sisters and their families, my half-brother and his family, my half-sister and her husband, and the Ranieri's. It was a fun evening and the food was yummalish!
HORRIBLE photo of me, but eh. Here I am with Bill and Diane, my half-siblings. Yes, I'm an amazon woman, especially when I wear 4" heels. 
This is the view from Keaton's apartment. That's the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. What a spectacular view!
And for those of you who have never seen a California redwood tree...
Onto the pomp and circumstance! It was really dark in the theatre, so it was hard to get any good photos. Here are a few. Keaton received the Astro Physics award. The video was too big to load on my blog, but if you want to see it click here
Here he is receiving his diploma. (Actually, it was a fake diploma. The real thing will arrive in August.) The graduates walked onto the stage and handed their information cards to this professor who read them aloud. Before reading Keaton's card, he held up three fingers verifying that Keaton was receiving three degrees (Astro Physics, Physics, and Applied Mathematics). Yup, my baby was the only one to receive three degrees. I am so thankful that he got my brains. LOL
Elliot has been Keaton's advisor at UC Berkeley. This is whom Keaton will work with when he returns for his PhD.
Here's Keaton with his sweetheart, Tina.
My baby boys aren't such babies anymore.
The proud parents!
The rest of my photos are of Keaton and his friends. But since you and I don't know any of them, I didn't include them.

Up next for Keaton? In September he'll move to England for one year to attend Cambridge University. He'll earn a Master's Degree in Astro Physics. Then he'll return to UC Berkeley to earn his PhD.

That's it for this post. Hope you've enjoyed your long weekend!












No comments: