Sunday, April 29, 2012

Butterfly Kisses

Yes, I know, I know~I haven't blogged for two weeks. My bad. Been fighting a curious and painful ear issue (stabbing pain deep inside of one ear when I move my jaw). Imagine me not wanting to talk or eat! Well, I caved on the eating part though that could have been a good way to lose a bit of weight. Yes, Mom, I've been to a doctor. We still can't figure out what's wrong. No ear infection. Can't find anything wrong with my jaw or teeth. There is negative pressure on my eustachian tube. Trying a few things which don't seem to be helping very much. Blah blah blah. But here I am posting some month-old photos just to prove that I am, in fact, still alive. Hopefully somebody will notice, ha ha.

Here are some beautiful butterflies at the Museum of Science in Boston. Actually, the first photo is of a moth. Yup, a moth! This thing is bigger than my hand! Pretty though, which is a good thing because otherwise I may have swiped at it with my purse. And trust me, my purse is a deadly weapon. 
Even though this butterfly resembles a moth on the outer sides of its wings...
...this is what it the inner sides of its wings look like. I guess that disguising oneself as a moth keeps certain predators away. Except for maybe the deadly-purse-wielding-grannies who don't appreciate the importance of moths in the ecosystem. Hmm...I wonder if disguising myself as a moth would keep mosquitos away. Food for thought, which is way better than being food for mosquitos.
I have never seen this butterfly before. Not sure what it's called, but it looks like it has two froggy legs in the back. 
Here's another one I didn't recognize.
Emma loved watching the butterflies drink nectar from the flowers.
How cool is this shot?
And then there was this little group of chummy butterfly buddies. Not too sure why they're piled up on top of one another. Not too sure I want to know. Still, they are beautiful!
And here's my favorite photo of the day!
So there you have it. Hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

I, for one, am relieved to hear of your continued existence, and I hope the ear/jaw situation is resolved quickly. I bet you're getting tired of Jello. I've been down with a nasty stomach bug all week and I keep thinking I should make Jello, but just heating up chicken noodle soup is so much easier :) Had to laugh about your purse being a deadly weapon; last year I was informed that I have the heaviest purse in Christendom. I think it's all the pound change...coins are heavy!