Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Emma, Part One or The Little Princess Meets Her Peeps

You may remember that Emma gave her mommy a beautiful locket for Christmas. Ever since then, she has been "wishing and wishing and wishing" for one of her own. Her mommy surprised her with one on her birthday, complete with a teeny tiny little photo of the two of them. Emma loved it soooo much she nearly cried.
Then it was off to Disneyland! The Disney characters no longer stroll through the park. Instead, they appear in designated photo op spots. There is a place called "The Royal Walk" in which three princesses appear at a time, and they continue to rotate in and out throughout the day. The line literally becomes two hours long. The one thing that Emma really wanted for her birthday was to meet some princesses, hopefully different ones than she met two years ago (Ariel, Tiana, and Jasmine). As a perk of having stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, we got to enter the park an hour before it opened to the public (a few rides are open early), so we headed straight to The Royal Walk, which doesn't open until 9:00. I waited in line while Brittany and Emma went on It's a Small World. 

Rick's back was killing him. He has a bulging disc which occasionally gives him trouble and, of course, that disc copped a big attitude while we were in CA. But he felt that walking was more comfortable than standing still, so while I stood in the princess line he went in search of breakfast. Turns out that the only place open was on the opposite side of the park, which is not a short walk. About 20 minutes later, he called me and said that he had found french toast and fresh fruit platters and was saving a table for us. I explained that I was #5 in the Princess line and was not about to give up my spot, so the girls and I would meet him over there 30 minutes later. The problem was that I had taken my stomach/esophagus meds which require me to eat within a specific window of time. Meeting him after the princesses would be well past that window, but I decided that I'd rather deal with the effects of that than stand in the princess line for 2 hours later on. (Yes, I know, that's so not a smart decision. But I had a grandma duty to perform!) Anyway, about 15 minutes later, Rick met me in the princess line. He was carrying two stacked trays filled with food and 3 cups of coffee. He somehow managed to carry all of this across the park this while his back was throwing a tantrum. I asked him if he was okay and he said, "Well, I did get a few marriage proposals along the way. One woman walked up to me and said, 'YOU are the man for me!'" Several of the ladies around us said "No kidding!" Back off, ladies! He's been my Prince Charming for 32 years and we are living happily forever after! I guess I am the biggest princess that has ever walked The Royal Walk at Disneyland. :)

Then it was our turn to meet some princesses. Here's the sweetest part: Emma could have said anything to them, but all she could talk about was the special locket that her mommy had given to her that morning. And the princesses were all so sweet~they all looked at it and told her how beautiful it was. That made her day! And since she was wearing her special Disneyland Birthday badge, they all wished her a very happy birthday as well. She was delighted! First up was Cinderella. 
 
video
Then Snow White.
 Aurora was next.
You can see Emma showing her locket to Aurora.
We sat down at a nearby table to finish our breakfast. All of a sudden, Brennan, Keaton, and Tina snuck up behind Emma. She was shocked! She had no idea they would be there! Are they not the sweetest uncles ever? They drove six hours the night before to do this! I am such a proud mama. :)
video
Tina (Keaton's girlfriend) has never been to Disneyland. Emma was thrilled to be Tina's official Disneyland Tour Guide. The first ride Emma wanted to show TIna was It's a Small World.  
We met up with my brother, Mark, and his family. It was so much fun to be with them! Ashton took to Keaton right away. It's funny that they're cousins 21 years apart.
The Jungle Cruise was fun for everyone. I remember being a little girl and thinking that the animals were real. In fact, I'm still pretty sure that they are.
And then Princess Emma got to meet Rapunzel, who had her very own photo spot apart from the other princesses.
video
Apparently I am only concerned with getting a good view of Emma while filming videos. I seem to have a knack for chopping off all other heads. LOL

More pics tomorrow. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Awww, such a sweet hubby you have! And what wonderful boys to surprise Emma! She looked like she was having the time of her life!