Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Little Valentine

We had a quiet Valentine's Day. Still not feeling great, but so it goes. I'm bummed that I wasn't able to make valentines. But I must say that having Miss Emma for a valentine pretty much turns even the worst of days into the absolute best day ever. Man, do I love this little girl! Here are the gifts she made for us.
The hearts on the top row are for Giffy, Emma, and Papa. I know~aaaawwwww!!! 
Pretty darn sweet, huh? Here are two cards she made for her mommy.
Brittany had grad school last night, but she stopped by on the way and brought her sweetheart a red rose and a chocolate covered marshmallow and caramel heart. Emma was sooooo thrilled!
It took all of 5 seconds for her to eat the heart. She's my kind of girl!
Then Emma and I made cupcakes, which just happen to be Emma's favorite food on the planet. I must admit that I am pretty fond of them myself. Please don't ask me how many I've eaten. I have a strict "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy when it comes to cupcakes and chocolate. 
My favorite part of the day was catching all of Emma's facial expressions. She makes me giggle!
We let Emma choose the dinner menu. She decided on Papa's "BEST IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD" Belgian waffles covered with strawberries and whipped cream. YUM!!!
Do you remember the "squishy dolls" that I talked about at Christmas? Well, Miss Emma has all of the princesses except for Jasmine. Now what kind of Giffy would I have been if I had not completed her collection?
Emma made a few special cards for mommy...
...and bought a pair of mugs from Starbucks and some Starbucks K-cups for Brittany's Keurig. Emma came up with the idea all by herself. And then she proceeded to instruct her mommy not to buy anything at Starbucks until after Valentine's Day. LOL
Mommy gave Emma a super cool, do-it-yourself Barbie dress-making kit. It has pre-sewn dresses in cardboard pattern sleeves. It came with special fabric markers, stencils, and stickers to decorate the dresses. The cardboard sleeves tear off and voila! I'll post pictures when she finishes them. Do you think she was excited?
Today, a Valentine bag arrived from Aunt Kristin. Kristin has three sons and a grandson. Needless to say, she loves to do girly things for Emma. In fact, Emma saw the box and proclaimed, "This is from Aunt Kristin. It's going to be GOOD!!!!" It contained a box of valentine M&M's, socks, lip gloss, a bubble gum scented bath fizzy, and a slinky. Emma was right~Aunt Kristin IS awesome!
My sweetheart ordered a case of my favorite wine from my favorite vineyard. I am so excited!!! Of course, the best gift is that he still puts up with me after 32 years. I am so thankful that he is my forever valentine.

Wishing you a happy week!

Oh, and mama, I can't wait to see you in a few days! 

2 comments:

arlene said...

Love Emma's facial expressions with all the Valentine's gifts, candy & cupcakes. How awesome for you to spend the holiday hanging with her.

Hope you hurry up & get well quick. Enjoy your trip west & I expect Disney pictures.

Christy Lynn said...

Sorry you're still not feeling 100%, but it looks like you had a good Valentine's Day anyway. Love your "Don't ask, don't tell" cupcake policy...I ate cherry pie filling for breakfast yesterday :) I'm just not afraid to admit to that, lol!