Monday, December 19, 2011

An Update and A Simple Sketch

Okay, Mom, I have tried and tried and tried to upload two videos of Emma, but Blogger keeps crashing, so I'm surrendering for now. And I still haven't been through the rest of my San Antonio photos, so those will have to wait until another day.

Lesly, Steve, and Holly have returned to CA. Holly is doing well except for her double vision. They still have not received the results of all of the tests, but expect them sometime this week. I'll keep you posted. 

Someone asked me why I call my blog Canvasses of Poetry and Prose. I wrote these lyrics in 2005. They explain the title.

A Simple Sketch

You could dress me to the nines
and then take my photograph.
Airbrush out the flaws and lines,
add the features that I lack.
I could primp, I could preen
but all that would be seen
is just a simple sketch of everything that He
wants me to be.

And if you could commission
a Van Gogh or a Monet,
a masterful rendition
of my face he might portray.
I could pose, I could sit
but still in the end it
would be a simple sketch of everything that He
 wants me to be.

"A picture paints a thousand words," or so the saying goes.
So I paint my soul on canvasses of poetry and prose...

When this portrait session ends
He'll walk through my gallery.
Portraits hung in my defense 
of my faith's reality.
So I hope and I pray
that these words will display
more than a simple sketch of everything that He
wants me to be.

So I hope and I pray
that my life will display
the One that gave His life for me
so that someday I might be
more than just this simple sketch.
 (Copyright © 2006 by BibleShareware.org, Inc. All rights reserved.)

And that's all she wrote on Monday morning...

Hope your week is off to a fabulous start!


No comments: