Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Can't Be Very Far Away...

Well, I guess Christmas is very far away if you are looking forward to the next one. But since I am late in posting my Christmas photos, we'll just pretend that Christmas is just around the corner, k? That way my mama can be giddy with anticipation, just like Miss Emma was!

Speaking of Miss Emma (and really, what else do I ever speak of?), here she is giving her mommy the gift she made in pre-school. Emma was giddy! Brittany was doubly giddy and sentimental, as it is hard to believe that Emma is already old enough to be making school gifts.
Last Thursday, we took Emma to see Santa. Okay, this Santa and photo backdrop was totally lame. I mean, he wasn't creepy or anything. But jolly? Not so much. He actually looked like he was thinking, "How many more of these little people do I have to let sit on my knee? And if one more of them wets my Santa suit, I am so freakin' out of here!"
As if she could here those thoughts running through Santa's head, Emma sat next to him not on him. She quickly whispered her wish list (a Barbie house and an Aurora "squishy doll"), chose a candy cane, and she was done! 
Then I treated my girls to pre-Christmas pedicures. Does Emma look blissful or what?
On Friday morning, Emma and her mommy decorated Christmas cookies. Brittany totally rocks at making these cookies~the best ever!
On Christmas Eve morning, I was making pies, stuffing, and cinnamon rolls. The power decided to go out right in the middle of it all. Un. Believe. Able. I hadn't started baking anything yet, but I was wondering how in the world I was going to get ready for church. Bed head with flour it in just wasn't the look I was going for, know what I mean? Thankfully, it was only out for thirty minutes or so. Whew!

Then we got all gussied up and took our family photos.
Emma wanted to model her Christmas outfit for us. She even posed...
...and, at Mommy's request, gave some attitude! LOL
After taking these photos, we loaded up into two cars and headed off to church. As soon as we got on the freeway (technically, in MA, they're called highways, but I grew up calling them freeways. Poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe!). Um...ok...where was I going with this? Oh, yeah! As soon as we got on the poe-tay-toe, er freeway, my car decided to die. Die as in the front end was shaking quite badly and it limped off the freeway and back to our driveway where it slumbered until the tow truck came on Tuesday. By this time, we had missed the Christmas Eve service, so we ordered Chinese food, changed into comfy clothes, and opened gifts. 

Here's Miss Emma waiting for let's-open-some-gifts time with her favorite sidekick, Tiffany. Too cute!
Okay, off I go to work on the rest of the Christmas Eve photos. Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Great post. Sorry to hear about your car and having to eat Chinese food for dinner. Oh well. I remember one year on Christmas day, I decided not to cook dinner and thought we could go out. No such luck. All the restaurants were closed. We ended up going to the movie theater for dinner...popcorn, hot dog and a bad movie. It sucked majorly.

Christy Lynn said...

I'm on pins and needles here, did Santa deliver the Aurora squishy doll and the Barbie house? :) Sorry to hear about your car trouble, but on the bright side you hadn't gotten too far away from home when it happened. I recently killed my car battery in the outskirts of London, 2 hours from home, and it took us an hour and a half to find someone with jumper cables to help us. I now have jumper cables in my car...and the Brits call 'em jump leads :)