Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Magic Pumpkin Seeds

I need to do a lot of catching up on my blog. Between the Nor'Easter a few weeks ago and recent traveling, I am a bit behind. But I am sure my mama won't mind since this post is all about Emma. :)

On the Thursday before Halloween, Emma (along with her pre-school peeps) planted a magic pumpkin seed at school. In front of the class, Miss Judy scooped out the seeds from a white pumpkin. The children took the seeds outside and planted them next to their markers. Just two short hours later the kids came out to see if anything had sprouted. Thankfully, I had my iPhone in my pocket and was able to catch a few moments of magic.
Too cute, huh?

Then Emma took me into her classroom and showed me the pumpkin the children had carved while they waited to see what happened to their magic pumpkin seeds. No, the kids didn't actually do the carving, but they did have to brainstorm and vote on the shapes for the face.
A few days earlier, each child made a self-portrait and had to think of one reason why he/she is special. I cracked up at Emma's reason. I really cracked up at her pink eye shadow!
Ok, mamasita, there's you overdue Emma post. Guess what? I'll have another one tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Aww. That is so cute. Love her self portrait. It looks like you have a little artist in the family.