Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Alex's Baby Book, Part 1

Okay, so this is day four of "I-don't-know-how-I-hurt-it-but-my-back-is-OUT-out." It feels an itty, bitty, teensy, weensy bit less tight this morning. It did this yesterday, too, only to tighten up and spasm a few hours later. I really wish I had a good story of how I hurt it. Let me think. Ooh! How about "I did a triple axel on the ice and landed off center just a bit because I was distracted by the thunderous applause." Or maybe "After just a few weeks, my debut novel hit #1 on the NYT Bestsellers List, and my book/talk show tour was crazy and I had to sit and autograph a kazillion books!" Or better yet, "Rick and I retired to the Caribbean and I slept far too long curled up with my sweetheart beneath the glistening stars on our private beach." Suh-weet! But to be honest, it's more likely that I got hurt simply lacing my skates, opening my laptop to begin that great American novel, or tripping on absolutely nothing but sand. Who knows...

At any rate, I finished Alex's baby book last week. I was going to wait to get some better photos, but at this point I've decided that these photos are good enough. Otherwise, you might never see them. The colors are a bit brighter in the photos than they actually are, and they're not well focused, but eh, you'll get the idea.

Alex is having a girl and is decorating her nursery in purple with pink and green accents. So get ready to see lots of purple! Purple happens to be my favorite color, so I had tons of purpleiscious fun with this scrapbook. And I need to make a disclaimer: I borrowed most, if not all, of these layouts from Christy Stanford. If you want to check out her latest amazing baby book, click here. (Once again, thank you, Miss C!)

These are the front and back covers. This SU paper (Cottage Wall, Rich Razzleberry, and Orchid Opulence) is one of my favorite paper combos ever. See, my paper-hoarding problem paid off! LOL (This is pretty much an exact copy of a layout Christy made for a previous baby book.)
These, obviously, are the baby shower pages. This paper combo, another one of my favorites, is CTMH's Bella. I made extra pages assuming Alex will have tons of photos.
I'm sending her a few white pens for people to write on these pages.
And, of course, I had to make my shower card match the shower pages.
The title on this page didn't show up well. It has clear glitter on it, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get a good photo of it. You'll just have to take my word that it says "Princess Sophia." The borders, which you really can't see, have princesses, crowns, and dragons on them. After I had adhered the borders, I realized that the title wouldn't show up well on them no matter what color I used, so the title had to go across the middle, which means that most of the border can't be seen. I didn't have any extra paper, so it is what it is. These are for the photos of Sophia's grand arrival. Once Alex adds photos, no one will care about the borders anyway. 
I really like these pages. My favorite part is the little Lovey Bugg stamp. Christy Croll, aka Tiddily inks, drew this image after seeing Emma in her ladybug costume when she was 18 months old. No wonder I love it!
And here's the photo of Emma that inspired the stamp. I'm reposting it just because I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and because my mom loves any post with a photo of Emma in it. So this one's for you, mamasita!
(Hmm...if only my fat, jiggly thighs were as cute as a bug.)

I'm having trouble uploading photos on Blogger, so that's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow with more baby book photos (assuming Blogger cooperates). 

Our local meteorologist claims that we are going to get our first snow of the season tomorrow (just a few inches), followed by a possible Nor'Easter on Saturday which will have high winds and dump 6+ inches on us. Emma is pretty excited about the possibility of snow! And who knows, maybe if I go outside and slip on the snow, my back may be wrenched into its normal state. (Just kidding, mom!)

Oh, and Tiffany is slowly improving. The poor puppy has spent the last three days in my lap. She really does think I'm her mama. That's fine with me. :)

Hope your week is going well!

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

Everything looks great, I love all the purple! And great idea adding pages for the baby shower too...I already do 30 pages for each baby book though and I'm sure I could make it up to 50 without trying too hard. When am I going to go back to scrapping my own life? Aieee!

p.s. Emma is to-die-for cute in that ladybug costume!!