Friday, September 16, 2011

Storyland Layouts & A Smiling Granny

Remember when Emma, Brittany, and I took a girls' trip to Storyland in June? Well, I finally scrapbooked those photos. I used a layout which is probably becoming quite familiar to you, as I seem to use it for almost every occasion now. If I took less photos of Emma I wouldn't need to use this layout. But we all know that's never going to happen! 
(CTMH Daydream, Creme Brulee, Blush)

On another note: Brittany received a call on Tuesday informing her that a space had opened up for Emma to attend pre-school at our neighborhood elementary school. We both took Emma there yesterday so she could check it out before I drop her off on Tuesday. She'll be going Tuesday and Thursday mornings. She was very apprehensive at first, but she warmed up in no time and loved it! She didn't want to leave, she skipped all the way to the car, and she can't wait until Tuesday to go back. I am really excited for her~she'll get to socialize with lots of other kids and she's going to LOVE school. I'm happy for her. Really, I am. Happy for me? Not so much. I know, I know, I should be thrilled to get two mornings a week back to myself. I may even use that time to write the next Great American Novel (I wish) or at the very least some more Zamboni books. But instead, I'm feeling sad. I am really going to miss my little BFF.  I'm still going to see her every day. I'll be dropping her off and picking her up from school every day. I'll still be having breakfast, lunch, and nap time with her every day. I'll still be playing Barbies and Polly Pockets and Calico Critters with her every day. I'll still be stealing a kazillion hugs and kisses from her every day. But now I have to share her for 5 hours a week. Harumph (said with my very best impression of a four-year-old having a tantrum, complete with crossed arms, a stomping foot, and a HUGE pout, LOL). 

Yesterday, I saw this quote as I was perusing an online stamping store: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." 

So if you're looking for me on Tuesday morning, I'll be at Starbucks consoling myself  with a Pumpkin Spice latte. Just look for the red-haired granny with a HUGE smile on her face.

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

Wow, you got a LOT of photos on those pages! I kind of miss working on my own scrapbooks but I still have a ways to go on the baby books. 10 more pages till Sarah's is done and then I have to work on Tiana's too!