Monday, September 19, 2011

A Beautiful Reminder...

I was totally disappointed that I didn't get any sunset photos in Bermuda. Guess that's what happens when it POURS. But I did get a few shots at my house on Saturday. The first two were taken from my back deck, the third was taken from my front yard.
On a sad note, a friend of mine just died after a long battle with breast cancer. Julie was only 51. She was my first friend in MA. We both moved here at the same time. I met her at church and she's the one who got me hooked on quilting. Julie left behind her husband of 25+ years and two children in their early 20s. If you would, please say a prayer for Julie's family. I am thankful that Julie has been released from her suffering and has been welcomed home. No doubt she has heard, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

Thank you, Lord, for the beautiful sunset. It reminded me that You're still in control...

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Miss Vicki. Whenever we see a beautiful sunset, my mom and I always think of my great-grandmother, who would often stop her car at the side of the road and take pictures of sunsets no matter how many other people were on the road. Lost of hugs!