Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A B C, Easy as 1 2 3

I know, I know~I just quoted a Jackson 5 song from forever ago. I guess I'm now at that age when the things I reference really show my age (as if my halo of grey roots doesn't already do that, ha ha).

Anyway, yesterday was Emma's first day of pre-school. She was excited but nervous. She wore her new Rapunzel shirt along with her Disney princess fleece and her Disney princess backpack and her Disney princess lunchbox. Do you think she likes the Disney princesses? Just a tad! I, of course, had my camera ready because I NEED more pictures of Princess Emma!
This is Emma's little friend from story time at our public library. Emma is a year or so older than Allison, and a head or two taller. Emma was thrilled to discover that Allison is in her class.
Emma asked me to take a picture of her with a sad face to trick her mommy, 
immediately followed by a happy one.
After I dropped Emma off, I headed straight to my therapist's office (aka Starbucks). Then my 
therapist (aka my pumpkin spice latte) and I spent two hours scrapbooking. It's amazing how much I accomplished! But it was eerily quiet. Two hours of eery quiet. I'm used to the quiet at night when Rick is traveling, but the daytime quiet not so much. I haven't been without a kid in the house since July 1984. I had forgotten what solitude sounded like. 

When I picked Emma up, she literally ran into me, gave me a huge hug, and exclaimed, "Giffy, I LOVED it!" I'm so happy for her. Now she can be a social butterfly and flutter around to her heart's content. And I guess her Giffy is going to drink a lot of lattes and catch up on her scrapbooks after all. 

Speaking of school, this is the bear Emma chose for September.  She said it reminds her of mommy.
So that's it for today. Guess I'd better get my iPod ready for tomorrow. Looks like quiet is here to stay, at least on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I wish that I could be sipping latte's and scrapbooking with you. Oh that would be so much fun. Emma looks so adorable. What a nice feeling to know that she like it. Just think of all the stories you get to hear from her now. Oh, and I know that song...got it stuck in my head now.

Christy Lynn said...

I like Emma's princess gear. I've been watching lots of Disney movies this week, like Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Lion King. Next up is either Beauty and the Beast or The Princess and the Frog :)

Hope you're doing well!