Wednesday, August 3, 2011

House of Cards

I've been making a few cards here and there. Thought I'd share them all together. This was for Brennan's birthday. It's the same card I made for Father's Day except, of course, for the sentiment. Brennan turned 23. This is the first year EVER that I have not been with him on his birthday. I was one sad mama. I did call and sing "Happy Birthday" on his voicemail. Poor kid!  And I wrote on his Facebook page. And I texted him. More then once. More than twice. Maybe even more than that. Turns out he was in his lab with no cell service. Either that or he decided to pretend that he was not, in fact, being stalked by his mommy on his birthday. I did finally get to talk to him. I can't wait until I see him in 10 days (not that I'm counting), so I can hug him!

(SU The Open Sea and Something to Celebrate stamp sets; SU Nautical Expedition, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla paper; SU Early Espresso, Basic Gray, Not Quite Navy, and Cherry Cobbler ink; SU Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine)

Brennan just completed his first year of grad school at Stanford. He works a lot. More than a lot: year round, with very few breaks. He keeps saying that he would love to take a little vacation with his friends, perhaps a weekend cruise from LA to Ensenada. So for his birthday, I made this super quick and not at all creative jar that says "Brennan's Vacay Fund." We filled it with cash and a check to help fund his dream. I sure hope he gets to enjoy it before summer's end! I also sent him a HUGE bag of Peanut M&M's, his favorite. I seriously think I spent more to mail the 5-pound-bag of candy than I spent on the candy itself.

This was for a very dear friend going through a really hard time. As you've probably noticed, I love this paper! I fact, I bought so much of it before it was discontinued that my stash of that alone would qualify me for Hoarders.
(Unity Stamps Becoming a Butterfly; SU Springtime Vintage, Not Quite Navy; Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla; SU Butterfly Punch; SU Always Artichoke Seam Binding; Zva Creative Pearls)
Here are a few summer cards just for fun.

(TGF Elena; SU Island Oasis, Glorious Green, So Saffron, and Rose Red; SU So Saffron and Rose Red ink; SU Rose Red Seam Binding; MFT Die-namics Grass Die; CTMH Liquid Glass)
(TGF Surfer Anya; Kraftin' Kimmie's Beachy Sentiments; SU Island Oasis, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise; SU Rose Red Ink; SU Scalloped Oval Punch; CTMH Liquid Glass; MFT Die-namics Wave Die; MFT Cork; Prima flowers; Stamping Bella's Dots)
(Sparkle Creations' Swimming Lucy; Kraftin' Kimmie's Beachy Sentiments; SU Island Oasis, Rose Red, So Saffron; SU Tempting Turquoise and Rose Red ink; SU Scalloped Oval Punch; Prima flowers; Stamping Bella's Dots; CTMH Liquid Glass; Waterfall Stickles)


Here are both the outside and the inside of this fun card.
(Kraftin' Kimmie's Florence and Beachy Sentiments; SU Island Oasis, Tempting Turquoise, and Rose Red; SU Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, and Rose Red Ink; MFT cork; MFT Die-namics Wave Die; SU Oval and Scalloped Oval Punches; SU So Saffron Ribbon; CTMH Liquid Glass)

I want to wish a very happy 27th birthday to my sweet baby girl, Brittany! We happen to have four tickets to a Red Sox game tonight. She is thrilled to spend her birthday at Fenway Park. Emma is all set to go, including her giant Red Sox foam finger that we bought for her last year. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Anyway, happy birthday, Brittany! I love you!

P.S. Argh~still having trouble with Blogger and spacing issues. :(

3 comments:

arlene said...

Yeah for Brennan coming home!!!! Hopefully he'll be here for a little while and you get to enjoy your time with him.

Your coloring is absolutely stunning & I love my card. THANK YOU!!! - I miss my crafting & blogging, hopefully I'll be back one of these days.

See you soon FOR SURE!

Tanya said...

Awww, what a super sweet present for Brennan! I loved his card too!

Christy Lynn said...

I feel like I've been off my crafty game lately...been taking a break from baby books and I tried to do a few challenges for the Dare to Get Dirty stuff on Splitcoast, but couldn't put anything together that just made me happy. But you're over there rockin' out the cards AND scrapbook pages...and I've been stitching a lot of off-white on this month's project. Kinda boring so far!