Friday, August 12, 2011

Halloween Layouts

I was reorganizing my craft room (ok, to be honest, I was just cleaning up my BIG mess, but I don't want my mama to think that I am lazy and messy, so I'm going with reorganizing, ha ha) and found this simple fall die cut set from Creative Memories. I've seriously had this for at least ten years. I figured I may as well as use it to make a super quick, super easy, yet 
not-too-exciting layout of Emma and her pumpkin from last fall. But Emma likes it and that's all that really matters. 
(Creative Memories Halloween Die Cuts; SU Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, and Garden Green; SU Garden Green Ink)

I had no idea how to scrapbook our Wizard of Oz photos. I finally decided to make my own yellow brick road and found some cute die cuts. But now that I'm looking at this photo, I think I need to redo the title in red like Dorothy's ruby slippers. Yeah, that means I get to play with glitter! LOL (It takes so little to make me happy!) Hmm...what to do. The photo mats are red, and I was afraid that it would look to Christmasy with a red title. Okay, Miss Christy (aka my scrapbooking guru), what do you think?
(SU Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Garden Green; Paperhouse Productions Cardstock Stickers; Cricut Plantin School Book)

That's it for today. It's my high-maintenance day, also known as get-my-hair-colored-to-hide-the-grays-day, followed by a pedicure. Then I'll be freshly colored from head to toe!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

Are your title letters die cut? SU has this red glitter paper (look in the back of the catalog) that would be PERFECT for some Ruby Slippers-inspired letters! I don't think the red would make it necessarily Christmasy since those colors come straight out of the movie--green for Emerald City, yellow for the Yellow Brick Road, and red for Dorothy's Ruby Slippers. So I say GO RED :)