Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Bet you'll never guess for whom I made this! Isn't this MFT stamp adorable?
Check out these patriotic nails that Brittany painted for Emma! I love the flags on her tiny big toes.
It's been a quiet holiday weekend for us. Catching up on a lot of stuff around the house and hanging out a lot with Brittany and Emma, which pretty much means it's been a great weekend.

On this 4th of July, I'd like to send hugs and special thanks to my super sweet friends Christy and Amber. Their hubbies, Lee and Billy, are both active USAF officers. To all four of you: Rick and I truly appreciate your selfless love for and service to our country. YOU are what makes America great! We are proud to call you fellow Americans, and are honored to call you friends. We love you!

3 comments:

Amber Hight said...

Ooo, Vicki, thanks so much:) You really made me smile and make my heart flutter:) Thanks so much for being such a sweet friend!!! <3

Christy Lynn said...

Love the mani/pedi, totally cute :) I told Lee what you said; he thinks it's a little odd for someone to thank him for doing a job he loves. Big fat red, white & blue hugs from us to you!

Giffysk8s said...

Christy, when I was a teacher, I poured my heart and soul into my job because I LOVED it and knew it was what I had been called to do. But teachers don't always feel appreciated or respected. It always made my day when a parent thanked me just for doing my job. And now when some of my students that have graduated from high school tell me that I am still their favorite teacher, it makes my heart smile~I feel like I made a difference in the world. I am thankful that Lee loves his job, but it's still nice to know that you make a difference doing what you love and that somebody else appreciates it. Besides, I AM odd, so it should sound perfectly normal coming from me, LOL!