Thursday, July 28, 2011

Emma's Summer Bear, Phase DONE!

I finally finished Emma's summer bear, the pattern that she saw in a magazine and begged me to make for her. Okay, maybe not begged because I immediately said yes. It was more like, "Oh Giffy! I  REALLY LOVE this bear! Would you make it for me please oh please oh please?" I couldn't resist. She then hugged me and said, "You rock, sistah!" That alone was worth the time and effort. Anyway, someone asked me to repost the in-progress photos, so here they are:
Ta da!
It's now framed and hanging in Emma's room. I'm thrilled that she loves the finished piece as much as she thought she would. Now I am back to work on Monet's irises. I might actually finish it someday. 

Yesterday my mom called and is dumbfounded that I am (and I quote) "a college graduate, a teacher, and an author yet still so dumb" because I have not yet gone to the doctor. Yup, my mama told me! I then heard basically the same thing from Rick and Brennan. Of course, I can totally blow off what my mama says (because everyone knows that's what teenage girls do, and really, have I grown up at all since then?) but I can't blow off what Rick says (because every teenage girl hangs on every single word her boyfriend says and thinks he's wise beyond his years~again, not much has changed in 31 years, ha ha). And I definitely can't blow off what my kids say because it really bothers me if they worry about me. I guess the moral of the story is if you think I'm being dumb and stubborn (which I often am) then rat me out to one of my kids and I may just listen. LOL Besides, I'm worse today, so I am going to call my doctor. Really, I am. Probably. Maybe. We'll see. (Just said that to bug you, Mom! )

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

Wow, you really rocked out that bear PDQ. It's fun to see all the phases in a recap, and it's kind of amazing what a difference the backstitching makes, isn't it? I've gotten some good progress done on Miranda, I'll be showing that off on my blog next week :)

GET THEE TO A DOCTOR, WOMAN!! You and *my* mom....

Britt said...

She went :-) I was going to kidnap her and take her myself tomorrow. Hmmm...wonder what I'll use the duct tape and zip ties for now...

Feel better soon, Mama!

Giffysk8s said...

Very funny, Britt! And feel free to kidnap me and whisk me off to a tropical island anytime!

arlene said...

That bear came out absolutely gorgeous I can see why Emma loves it so much. By far the most intricate and detailed.

I'm glad Britt didn't have to kidnap you, but YOU BETTER DO WHATEVER THE DOCTOR SAID or I will make her take you back ASAP.

Feel better soon!