Sunday, June 12, 2011

Some Love from Lori...

My SIL, Lori, sent me this beyond adorable card! That's a real wooden picket fence! Is this not precious?
She also sent me two beautiful beads for my Caribbean Pandora bracelet. I can't seem to get a good photo of this bracelet~the blues never come out looking as turquoise as they really are. Anyway, Lori sent me the two pretty beads in the front.
The dangling anchor is gold on a silver bead, and the Murano glass bead matches the
turquoise-y colors perfectly!
I wore this bracelet to the Pandora store the other day to exchange something else, and the saleslady almost stroked out when she saw how many beads I had on my bracelet. The bracelet is leather and stretches from the weight of the beads, and if it stretches too much that can cause the clasp to separate from the bracelet. So they advise you to only put 7-9 beads on the leather bracelets (which I think Lori had told me at some point but which I had totally forgotten), and I had a wee bit more that that! Of course, if the bracelet breaks they will replace it, but you run the risk of losing your beads or breaking the glass ones if that happens. I would be so sad to lose these~it's such a sentimental gift. So I bought a double-length bracelet (you wrap it around your wrist twice so it looks like two bracelets) in the same sandy color. I can now sleep well at night knowing my Caribbean beads are safe and secure, LOL!

Thank you so much, Lori! Now if only we could actually go to the Caribbean together...

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love, Love, Love your bracelet!!!