Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finally, a "Legal" Scrapbook Page!

Yup, my baby is 21 and is finally legal! I just scrapbooked photos from his March birthday. It was very low-key because Tina, his girlfriend, was the only one who had the same Spring Break. Besides, Keaton is not one for being the center of attention. So we kept it small and simple. We went to a very good steakhouse for dinner, followed by "Hula Pie" which I made at his request. It is easy and soooooo yummalicious! Buy a pre-made chocolate cookie pie crust. Soften two cartons of vanilla ice cream into which you mix coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (as many as you'd like). Then put the ice ceam mixture into the crust and freeze it until it's solid. Spread one or two jars of thick hot fudge (I like Mrs. Richardson's) on top like icing, then sprinkle with finely chopped macadamia nuts. Oh...now I want one! But I only make it for Keaton upon request because otherwise we would eat it all summer long and would gain back all that weight we've lost! Believe it or not, Hula Pie and coffee make a fabulous breakfast! LOL


(CTMH Stardust, Moonstruck, Topiary, and Honey; Cricut Accent Essentials and Ashlyn's Alphabet.)


2 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

Teehee, now I've got you scrapping with my favorite sketch too! I don't know what it is about that sketch, it's just magic and all the layouts made with it turn out great! I'm ready to dive back in with some scrapping...need to make some cards and do some stitching too. I don't have TIME for a full-time job, lol! Your layout looks fantastic, Vicki! And that Hula Pie does sound like a great breakfast food. I like ice cream for breakfast when I'm at the beach...Lee thinks I'm crazy (not just for that reason).

Lori said...

Yum!!! You have my mouth watering for Hula Pie. I bet it was good with coffee in the morning. Lol. Love your layout. It looks like he had a nice birthday.