Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day, Part 2

After we hiked around Gates Pond, Emma asked if she and Papa could play in the sprinkler. Being the AWESOME Papa that he is, Rick said yes.
Suddenly, Emma had a bright idea...
The photo of Emma squirting Rick is my favorite. Why? Because here is Brittany at the same age squirting her Grandpa (Rick's dad) on Father's Day in 1988!
Here's a short little video of Emma playing in the water.
Keaton had to return to CA the day before Father's Day. Before we took him to the airport, we went to our favorite breakfast place~yum! Keaton gave Rick his gift (which was also from Brennan): a new hydraulic car jack and an LED flashlight. Emma wanted to know how you play with them. LOL Okay, so not exciting to most girls, but Rick was thrilled. And I am thrilled that the cars won't be falling on him while he's fixing them.
Emma made her card for Papa all by herself.
She and Brittany gave him four tickets to see Cars 2, which we just saw on Saturday, and it was fantastic! She was thrilled with her gift! Ha ha!
They also gave him a Bruins T-shrt. Have I mentioned that the Boston Bruins are the Stanley Cup Winners??? Just checking!
I gave Rick some Tommy Bahama clothes that he wanted as well as a bottle of his favorite wine.
Ew...I had post-hike hair, but I wanted a photo of the two of us.
Miss Emma also gave Papa a little craft book which contained all the fixin's for two race cars. They made those while Brittany and I cooked Rick's favorite dinner.
(SU The Open Sea and Something to Celebrate stamp sets; SU Nautical Expedition, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla paper; SU Early Espresso, Basic Gray, Not Quite Navy, and Cherry Cobbler ink; SU Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine)

2 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

I was wondering where the new voice had come from, but hey, there were several people rattling around in my noggin already :) Looks like you guys had a great Father's Day...since my dad wasn't feeling so hot, we didn't do a whole lot while he was here but he DID get to eat fish & chips in a real English pub!

arlene said...

Sometimes I wish I could still run thru the sprinkler, only now I would look like a fool. LOL! Love the masculine card I too think I may need to CASE this

Tell Emma you can "play" with the flashlight, we used to call it laser tag in the dark @ night. But I suppose you would need more flashlights. Not so sure about the jack though that's a tough one.