Monday, May 30, 2011

With Heartfelt Thanks and Gratitude to Our Fallen Heroes...

I hope you enjoyed your long Memorial Day weekend and that you took the time to reflect upon it's true meaning... Cakewrecks (a site that cracks me up!) usually posts hilarious, gone-oh-s0-terribly-wrong cakes. But yesterday they posted some beautiful cakes made in honor of Memorial Day. Click here to see them~they really are beautiful.

We had a busy but productive weekend. Brittany and Emma drove to Long Island to spend the weekend with Rick's sister and her kids. Although her kids are really Brittany's cousins, they are much closer in age to Emma, so we just tell Emma they are her cousins. While they were gone, Rick and I tackled a lot of household chores (cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, yard work, etc). I also managed to squeeze in tons of scrapbooking time and we went to see The Pirates of the Caribbean with Keaton (loved it!). I also watched every Red Sox game as well as the Stanley Cup playoff games. Go Sox!!! Go Briuns!!!

My sweetheart didn't get the extra day off. Instead, he flew from Boston to San Francisco to Tokyo to Seoul. In stark contrast, I spent the entire day scrapbooking (I completed thirteen 2-page layouts this weekend!), then made pizza with my two favorite girls. I took photos of all of my scrapbook pages, but none of them turned out well. :( I will retake them tomorrow. In the meantime, here are two more cards I made.

I LOVE this card! I cannot take any credit for it whatsoever~I totally "borrowed" the idea from my creative muse, Miss Christy. You can see hers here. I like the idea of a "collage" card. It's a totally different look. Doesn't this card just scream romance? Now if I could just get to Paris...
{I used all SU products on this one: En Francais (the background stamp), Something to Celebrate (the sentiment), Artistic Etchings (all of the other stamps), SU paper (Regals Pattern Stack, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, and Black), SU Stamp Pads (Black, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, and Cherry Cobbler), Chantilly Crocheted Lace, and Black Embossing Powder. Then I added a few Licorice Opaque Pearls by CTMH.}

This is another SU product card. I like it's soft, classic look.
(Baja Breeze, Always Artichoke, and Springtime Vintage paper; Always Artichoke sean binding; Fabulous Florests and Hello, You stamp sets; Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, and Baja Breeze ink; CTMH Opaque Pearls)

So back to the Sox game I go! I'll retake those scrapbook photos tomorrow. In the meantime, have a great evening and a fabulous Tuesday!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love your Paris Card...it is beautiful!