Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Deck of Cards

Okay, maybe not a full deck, but definitely quite a few! The first four were made with the same SU Stamp (Both Way Blossoms) and Basic Grey Sweet Threads DP. No, it's not your eyes~the photo of the first one is out of focus, but I didn't realize that until after I had mailed the card. I'm posting it anyway because I love the Spring colors.
I wanted these hydrangeas to have light purple/blue tips, but when I blended the colors they turned out dark purple. I had already assembled the card by that point, so I left it as is. Besides, I sent it to someone who loves purple as much as I do.
My friend, Robyn, is a teacher in CO. Today is her last day of school. This is what I envision her doing tonight! This cute stamp is Brigitte by Kraftin' Kimmie. The luscious papers and ribbon are all by PTI.
Yup, this is also for my friend who loves purple! (I am so glad I have a friend who loves purple as much as I do~what elese would I do with my huge stash of purple paper? LOL) This cute little stamp and sentiment are called Earl Grey Peep by Stamping Bella. Everything else is by PTI. I painted the cup and saucer with Liquid Glass to give them a ceramic look.
I have a few more to post, but I need to find the photos. So this will do for now.

The weather here has been gorgeous! Yesterday, Emma and I played with bubbles outside. Do you know how fun it is to be 48 and feel totally justified buying a gallon of bubbles and tons of little bubble wands? LOL Maybe today we'll draw on the driveway with sidewalk chalk and then play on the swing set. Emma loves to swing "super, duper high and fast!" just like her Giffy! Oh my, how I LOVE that little girl!

Hope you have a playful Thursday!

No comments: