Monday, May 23, 2011

A Cold Weekend and a Few Cards...

Last week, sweet Miss Emma had a cold which she shared with me. My throat and head were sore all weekend and now I have the alternating sneezy/stuffy nose. Hopefully, it will decide to move along quickly. Unfortunately, it will probably move right right along to Rick. Basically, I didn't accomplish a single thing over the weekend~unless you consider napping and doing a whole lot of nothing to be accomplishments. Ha ha! Oh, I did watch three Red Sox games, which is always fun. I also managed to order a slew of photos so that I can do a ton of scrapbooking over Memorial Day weekend.

My sweetheart, however, accomplished a lot. When we bought this house, the builder had planted the ugliest plants along the front porch. When I say ugly, I mean UGLY. But there have always been a million other projects with higher priority, so the plants have been left alone to grown uglier over the last 8 years, except for the annual pruning and reshaping. This weekend, Rick ripped them all out and planted hydrangeas and azaleas for me! I am so excited! Yup, he's a sweetheart. Think I'll keep him around for at least another 31 years! :)

At any rate, I did make a few cards before the cold struck. My friend, Robyn, has been nicknamed "Bird" by her family (Robyn, bird, get it?). This stamp set, You're So Tweet, just screamed "Robyn" to me! They're hard to see in this photo, but there are little birds on the background paper (Basic Grey's Pyrus).
As a teacher, I know I shouldn't have any favorite students. But every once in a awhile, a child came along and touched my heart in a special way. Way back in 2001, Gracie was in my 3rd grade class, and in my class again the next year when I taught a 3 and 4th grade combo class. I moved that year to MA, but saw Gracie four years ago when I visited CO. Anyway, she just graduated from high school! Inside her announcement, she wrote that I am still her favorite teacher ever. How sweet is that?! I made this card for her graduation, using her school's colors. Not too fancy, but the colors look better in real life than in this photo. The bright spot in the upper right corner is actually a glittery gold dot as seen in the lower left corner. I still can't believe Gracie has graduated. Funny how she grew up yet I haven't aged a bit. LOL
My friend, Christy, is now living in England. She's a tea drinker, so I hope she's found a treasure trove of new teas to enjoy! This stamp is called Earl Grey Peep (by Stamping Bella)~and of course it made me think of Christy. I spread Liquid Glass over the teacup and saucer to give it that shiny china look.
That's it for now. Time to go nurse this cold. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Oh Vicki I hope you're feeling better! You're cards are fabulous. I love the Earl Grey Peep and the Graduation Card, so cute! Oh...and to answer your question, the pinwheels are easy to make. I'll fb msg you with the instructions=)