Monday, April 4, 2011

Little Owlies

Last summer, I showed you the scrapbook I made for Alexa, the daughter of my sweet friend Paloma. Alexa turned one in January. Paloma found the cutest invitation/decorations/thank you notes with little girl owlies! Although I had already made pages for Alexa's birthday photos, the minute I saw the Two-Step Owl Punch in SU's Spring Mini Catalog, I knew that I was going to make some more birthday pages for her. Besides, Paloma took hundreds of photos, so I am sure she will end up using all of the pages anyway.

Here's the thank you card she sent.
Here are the pages I made. The Spanish title translates into "Look Whoo's Turning One" which is what the invitations said.
I love the nest on this one! I tore a brown piece of paper, then glued snips of PTI's twine on top to look like twigs. I added a few CTMH pearls to stick out and look like eggs. :)
I even cut out tiny little pink bows to match the ones on the thank you card and dressed them up with pink rhinestones. I had so much fun making these pages!

Happy Monday~hope your week is off to a fabulous start!

(SU Punch Bunch and Forest Friends; SU Designer Series Paper in Soft Subtles, Pretty in Pink, Pear Pizzazz, and Daffodil Delight; SU Two-Step Owl Punch; SU Daffodil Delight stamp pad; SU markers)

2 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

Aww, your pages look fantastic! That owl punch has been on my wish list for a long time but I haven't gotten around to buying it yet...seems like there's always stamps and paper higher up on that list ;) Just found out one of my friends is pregnant again so looks like I'll be doing at least one more baby album in the near future...I just have a feeling that if I wait a bit, someone else will have an announcement, ha! Hope you had a faaaabulous weekend, my friend!

Lori said...

Your layouts are adorable!!! I have that owl punch somewhere around her. Hmm. Thank you so much for the desserts. You are soooo thoughtful.