Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lori's Home!

I am so pleased to tell you that my SIL, Lori, is now recovering at home! Her family set up a hospital bed in their family room so that she can watch the big TV and be near everyone else. She won't be able to go up and down the stairs to her bedroom for quite awhile. Thankfully, there's a full bathroom just down the hall, so she should be set. She's using a walker to get around, and she's doing pretty well with it. She doesn't have a cast, which surprised me. But I guess a titanium rod doesn't need to set or be stabilized. That sure makes life easier. Can you even imagine being in a full leg cast for two months? I am so thankful she doesn't have to be!

Anyway, I figured that Lori is so done with snow (she got hurt in a skiing accident) that I would make her a Springy card. I hope this sentiment encourages her to remember that things will get better and she will eventually be past all of this.
(SU's Greenhouse Gala DP and Pear Pizzazz cardstock; sentiment by Unity; PTI's Snow White satin ribbon; Prima flowers, pearls, and crsytals)

Emma wanted to make her own card for Aunt Lori. She made this all by herself! She wanted to use a stamp with a flower so that Aunt Lori could always have a flower from her. Isn't that sweet? She thought it was funny to use dog bone ribbon on a kitty card! Emma told me what to write on the inside because, as she put it, "I know how to write all of the letters, but I write them too big to fit them all into the card." So I followed her dictation to the letter~and then she made me point to each word as I read it back to her so that could be sure that I had written exactly what she had said. Afterwards, she pronounced, "You did a god job listening and writing my words, Giffy!" Too funny! Then she signed her name and wrote "Lori" on the envelope. Ahh...a little crafter in the making! It does my heart good!
I'll keep you posted on Lori's progress. In the meantime, she sure could use some prayers for her recovery.

Have a wonderful weekend. Rick and I will be painting again~but this should be it...at least for awhile. Ha ha!

No comments: