Monday, March 14, 2011

Camp Giffy & Papa...

stamp and make cards,
and play with Lucy (including numerous outfit changes).
I didn't get any photos, but he also made Veggie Tales characters out of Play Doh, played games, assembled puzzles, and had a dance party. Yes, he is the best Papa ever!

I got to give Emma a bath. She made herself look like Papa with the bubbles. LOL
It's all good, though~I get to spend all week with Emma, which makes Rick jealous. I'm glad they got to have lots of play time together!

The only other thing we accomplished was buying a new refrigerator, which we hadn't planned on doing. When I was a kid, my parents' appliances seemed to last for 20+ years. These days, you're lucky to get 10 years out of anything. Our house is only nine years old and we have already had to replace the dishwasher two years ago, the washer and dryer last year, and now the fridge. They were supposedly all "high quality" appliances. So much for "high quality." We had repairs done on all of them and at some point we had to decide that it just wasn't worth sinking any more money into fixing them. And, of course, they all cost a fortune to replace! We got one of the "new" styles called a French refridgerator. The bottom third is the freezer and the top two-thrids have side-by-side doors with lots of moveable shelves. I have never really like the bottom freezer models. But now that it's down to just the two of us most of the time, we don't really store much in the freezer. Besides, it has pull-out drawers so I won't have to dig through it all to find something.

The other good news is that we had lots of sunshine this weekend which means lots of snow melting. I can actually see some grassy spots in my yard. I haven't seen grass since before Christmas!

Hope your week is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Christy Lynn said...

I'm sure Emma loooooooooooooooooves Camp Giffy & Papa! I always had the best time visiting my great-grandparents in California when I was a kid. Mimi was a 5-foot-2 little redheaded firecracker, always in to something, and she was the one who was supposed to be in charge! Pretty sure it was her who encouraged my brother and me to chase peacocks in the park...