Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday, Miss Emma Grace!

Today is my little sweetheart's birthday. How has time passed so quickly? I can't believe she is four already! And to think~I haven't aged one bit! LOL

Emma's party was on Sunday. She wanted an "Under the Sea" theme with a mermaid, but was quite clear that it wasn't Disney's The Little Mermaid. I'm not sure why she made that distinction, but it really mattered to her. So her mama made the cutest invitations and decorated the house. The funniest part is that Emma asked if we could paint both the interior and exterior of our house blue for her party so that everyone would feel like they were in the sea! Now, I know that I overindulge the child, but even I had to say no to that! LOL

I am devastated that most of my photos did not turn out well. I finally realized that I was sitting right next to the sliding glass door, through which a lot of bright light was bouncing off of the snow. That light was hitting my camera, which wreaked havoc on the photos. I did get a few, though. Here are the cupcakes Emma and her mommy made.
Mommy bought her these balloons, which she loved!
Here we are with our little princess.
This is Alexa, the daughter of our sweet friends Paloma and Pedro. She loved Emma's favorite friend, Jack!
Here are a few random shots from the opening of the gifts.
Mom, here she is reading the card you sent. She LOVES the book! (It's a book of Disney Princess stories.)
Check out this little purse that is a mermaid!
Wearing a collection of headbands...

Cupcake time!
I love Alexa's blue lips!
Of course, I had to make her several birthday cards~a few to mail to her (she loves getting mail), plus one for her party and one for her family celebration. These are the two I mailed.
(You're so Tweet by MFT; SU's Petals and Paisleys DP, Tempting Turquoise, and Regal Rose; SU Tag Punch)
(Hello Cupcake my MFT; SU's Petals and Paisleys DP, Tempting Turquoise, and Pear Pizzazz; SU Oval Punch, SU's Pretty in Pink Grosgrain ribbon)

This is the card I made to accompany her gift. I didn't get a good photo of her opening our gift, though. She wanted more clothes for her Bitty Baby doll, so we gave her a box full of outfits and accessories.
(Underwater by Sugar Plums; SU's Petals and Paisleys DP, Regal Rose, and Tempting Turquoise; Verve Sweet Scallop Tag Die; Stamping Bella's Baubles, CTMH Opaque Pearls)

Emma has a full day planned for today. First, she wants to go out for breakfast, so I'd better get moving! Have a good day!

1 comment:

arlene said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Emma.. How excited was she? I absolutely love the monitor idea.

So disappointed about tomorrow, but hopefully life will be normal again soon. Your call made my night and I'll talk to you again soon.

HUGS