Friday, February 25, 2011

The Celebration Continues...

Well, Miss Emma has enjoyed quite the birthday week! Brittany's best friend and her baby, Brenda and Landon, have been visiting from CO. Emma's party was on Sunday. Wednesday was Emma's actual birthday, and she had the whole day planned for us. We started out having breakfast at Mike's Bridge Diner. It's a super cute log cabin restaurant with the BEST breakfast! So yummy and so inexpensive! The only downsides are : 1) it's so yummy that you end up eating way too much; and 2) There are hunting trophies (stuffed dead animals) on display. But if you can keep your eyes on your plate you're fine! Emma arrived wearing Lucy (aka Bitty Baby) and the frontpack Rick and I gave her for her birthday. Too cute!
Here's Emma waiting patiently for her white chocolate chip pancakes in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head. I couldn't decide which of these two photos I liked the best, so I am just posting both of them.
After breakfast, Emma wanted to go to a paint-your-own-pottery studio. She had her heart set on painting a mermaid to go with her whole "Under the Sea" birthday theme. Thankfully, they had one!
It's hard to see in this photo, but the mermaid's hair is purple, her shell top is orange, her fins are green, and the wave upon which she is sitting is a lovely mix of blue, green, and purple. And then there are eyes, which Emma insisted had to be pink with eyelashes! The eyes kinda freak me out, LOL, but Emma loves them!
That evening, she requested a pizza dinner at Giffy and Papa's house. Then she opened a few more gifts. Now, you know I had already given her her big box of Bitty Baby things at her party. But seriously, how could this Giffy let Emma's actual birthday go by without another little something? So I made this mermaid card for her (TGF's Mermaid Anya).
Have you seen those commercials for the Hallmark recordable storybooks? I recorded 'Twas The Night Before Christmas for her as a Christmas gift, Guess How Much I Love You as a Valentine's gift, and My Little Princess for her birthday. Now she can hear me read a story to her whenever she likes! Anyway, the princess book was in her gift bag, as well as a little set of squirrels riding bicycles for her Calico Critters house. I also tucked in a kokeshi doll from my secret stash for her (I only have two left). This one is soooo cute~she has cherries on her dress and the most adorable little pigtails! (Thanks for picking this one for her, Miss Christy!) Emma loves her!
Every time we got to The Disney Store in our local mall, Emma plays with the Beauty and the Beast tea set. We literally have to separate her from it when it's time to leave. Her Uncles, Brennan and Keaton, got it for her. You be the judge~does she like it?
Emma also loves puzzles (she can do really difficult ones) and kitties. So Uncle Keaton and his girlfriend, Tina, gave this to her. I love the look on her face!
Her cousins, Zack, and Rachel (they're actually Brittany's cousins but are closer in age to Emma) sent Emma a birthday Barbie. Emma, of course, thinks this Barbie is beautiful~she couldn't even take her eyes off of her long enough for me to get a photo!
And then came the best gift of all: Mommy bought three tickets to see the Broadway production of Mary Poppins! So Emma, Brittany and I are heading into Boston this afternoon. We will enjoy dinner at The Cheesecake Factory before heading to the play. Emma loves the movie and is soooooo excited! I'm super excited, too~I still have my Mary Poppins doll from when I was a little girl!
Finally, there was the cake. Emma has never had a store bought birthday cake before. We always make cakes or cupcakes or get something different. She really wanted to go to the store and choose a pretty cake. She didn't really care what kind of cake it was, it was all about the icing. She had to have this one~it's pink, it has daisies, and it has 4 daisies to celebrate her turning four! The baker even wrote on it for her. And get this~she requested an "open 4" not the "triangle top 4" (like the one I just typed). Funny, huh?
Here I am with my sugared-up sweetheart!
Here are Emma, Brittany, Landon, and Brenda.
So one more day of celebrating Miss Emma. Boston, here come the Burns girls! Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

Aww, cute! Only two dolls left in the Emma kokeshi doll stash, huh? Maybe you should make googoo eyes at Amber and see if she'll be your new personal shopper since she's there till this fall? ;) I haven't found anything so eminently collectible in England yet...Lee would be seriously unhappy if I bought any more dishes since we already have two regular sets, one cool Japanese set, and a Christmas set. Really, how many sets of dishes does one girl need? Although they do have a lot of beautiful tea sets...no, no, bad Christy!! :)

Hope you have a wonderful time at Mary Poppins...I'm slightly jealous, that sounds totally fun! I love that movie too...the songs are so wonderful.

Sparkle said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun celebrating! I'm gonna see Mary Poppins in May when they come here. Was it fabulous?