Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Call Me Crazy...

Rick's been traveling for the last eight days and, of course, there was a major snow storm while he was gone. Since I had to deal with it by myself, I realized a few things: 1) I do not like to shovel snow, mostly because my bad hand makes it really hard to lift the snow laden shovel. But I have to shovel off the back deck and the dogs' potty yard, especially when the snow is deeper than they are tall. Even though I don't like shoveling, I prefer it to doggy "accidents" in the house. So at 5:30 AM, I don my snow pants, long coat, snow boots, hat, and mittens and get to it! Besides, shoveling snow burns 400 calories per hour. Since it takes me 30 minutes to shovel the deck and potty yard, I figure I'm working off my Starbucks lattes. So maybe I don't hate shoveling after all! 2) I thought I would hate using the snowblower, but it's actually kind of fun. Well, it became fun once I figured out how to avoid blowing snow into my face. And how to turn it without running over my own foot (which, thankfully, was in a very sturdy snow boot and was well protected). And how to stop it in time to avoid hitting the house. And how to run it in reverse AND remember to put it back into forward before I start moving again. Once I had all of that figured out, I was fine. There's just something fun about using a huge power tool! LOL Though I keep checking YouTube in case my neighbor videotaped me using it for the first time. So not pretty, I am sure~but hey, we could will a million dollars on America's Funniest Home Videos! I should call him! 3) Any temperature below zero is cold. Just sayin'... It definitely makes me appreciate my heater. 4) Despite the frigid temperatures and hard work, I LOVE living where it snows. It's just so beautiful and peaceful...
So call me crazy, but I'm staying put!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wish I had a video of you and the snow blower. Must have been quite comical. lol.

arlene said...

The pictures are stunning as always, but the visual I get of the snowblower incident makes me laugh. (Sorry). But I bet when Rick gets home we won't have anymore snow.