Friday, December 24, 2010

Gingerbread house

Finally, the photos of our gingerbread house! I've been making them from scratch for about 10 years. Emma really got into it this year~especially the part where she HAD to taste every kind of candy before we used it!
Pepperidge Farm sells a box of "Gingerbread Family" cookies. I buy them because they have people in different sizes, and I have yet to find the right size cookie cutters to do that. Emma didn't want to decorate the cookies~I think she was tired of it all by that point, and most of the candy was gone! LOL Anyway, Emma decided who went where on the landscape. She is holding a snowball and is standing right next to the ginormous Santa. Her mommy (Brittany) is right behind her on a pink snowboard.
Keaton and his girlfriend, Tina, are holding snowballs and are ready to have a snowball fight with Emma.
Giffy and Papa (Rick and I) are decorating the tree.
Brennan is sledding in the yard.
I love the Good 'n Plenty chimney and the Tootsie Roll firewood!
Ta da! I love this tradition~can't wait to make one with her next year!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Looks like so much fun. Love the little details that you added.