Friday, November 19, 2010

No Boys Allowed

Yes, I have been MIA in blogland for a week. My sweet SIL, Kristin, was supposed to come out in October for a "girls" week. We had lots of fun things planned...and then I crashed and burned with my esophagus issues. So we rescheduled her trip for last week. She arrived on Wednesday, and we immediately hit Boston's North End for some yummy Italian food.
Me and Krisitn
Emma and Brittany
And what's a trip to the North End without stopping in at Mike's for chocolate dipped cannolis?
Miss Emma chose a red velvet cupcake. Can you tell that she enjoyed it? There's just something about little girls and cupcakes!
On Thursday, Kristin and I spent the morning crafting. We went to an afternoon tea with Brittany and Emma (those pics tomorrow), then hit my favorite restaurant for dinner.
We did manage to have a few days of fun before I got sick. And I do mean sick: bronchitis and pneumonia. So not fun. I felt so badly for Kristin~we didn't get to do as much as we had wanted to do. But she was such a good sport and a good friend~she just went with the flow and, hopefully, had a good time anyway! I know I did!

3 comments:

Christy Lynn said...

Poor Vicki! I prescribe a warm blankie and a day spent on the couch watching a marathon of your favorite movies/tv shows while sipping hot chocolate. With marshmallows. Hope you feel better soon!

arlene said...

Looks as if you managed to still sneak in some fun time. Sooo hope you're feeling better.

I agree with Christy, a nice day on the couch with movies doesn't sound bad.

Tanya said...

Awww Vicki, I hope you are feeling somewhat better! Looks like ya'll had a good time before you got sick tho=)