Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Facelift

No, not mine! My family room's. And it's actually more like a facelift, tummy tuck, liposuction kind of thing! Let's just say that our old stuff was, well, OLD and trashed. It was lodge-themed, as that was our decor in our Colorado home before we moved here. We especially hated the fireplace. And by hated I mean hated~every single day since we bought the house 8 years ago.
Yup, it was crowded with stuff. We are tackling the house one room at a time: repainting, cleaning, purging, organizing, and redecorating. Since this is the room we hated the most, and is also the room where we spend the most time, we started here.
We literally removed everything but the family photos and started over. New paint. New fireplace. New hardwood floor. New furniture. We love the results! That's a good thing since Rick and I have worked our hineys off (I wish!) painting and installing the floor. It's hard to see in this photo, but the paint is more green than gray. Even the color swatch (which you can see here) looks too gray.

Here it is.....TA DA!
A close up of the cornice~matching ones (and paint) extend into the kitchen and eating areas, which are along the same wall.
We love, love, LOVE the new fireplace!
I have scattered some of my boxes and art pieces from around the world. I'm having fun accenting with things from different countries.
We love the sectional! Hands down the most comfortable sofa we've ever owned. That inside corner is my throne, LOL! I can stretch out in any direction with plenty of room to snuggle Emma and my three dogs! Once in awhile, Rick even gets to squeeze in. Ha ha!
I love this sofa table. You can't see it in the photo, but it has some finely carved details.
It doesn't even look like the same room, does it? Finally~we have a nice, "grownup" room. Guess we really are getting old!

We are now in the planning stages for the living room and dining rooms. Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Vicki it looks AMAZING!! I LOVE it and would probably never leave, haha.

Christy Lynn said...

Wow, that looks fantastic. I've been watching some HGTV with my parents and I have to say I've been a bit jealous since I'm still in nomad mode. One of these days, me and my honey will own a house and get to decorate it up all pretty. So far it's been nothing but white walls and as Lee says it looks like the home of a couple of college students. Urgh!