Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Belated Birthday Wishes...

...to two very special friends, Cheri and Karen! Cheri's was on the 16th. Met her when she married a friend I've known since 7th grade, Mark Ranieri. Here's the card I made for her. Notice that I gave this Bella red hair like mine? Too bad I don't look anything like this when I bake! And seriously...who bakes in heels? For me, that alone would be a recipe for disaster! LOL
Karen's birthday was on the 17th. Karen and I met when we were 3 years old and have been friends ever since! Karen married Bob Cyffka. Rick, Mark, Bob and I are high school friends. Kinda cool that those 3 guys got such 3 awesome girls! LOL The picture I took of Karen's card didn't turn out, and I forgot to check the photo before I mailed the card. Grandma moment! But it featured a really large chocolate cupcake~yum! You can see the Tiddly Inks image I used here. It's a digi-image~you can download it, print it, color it, and voila! Of course, I used almost an entire bottle of chocolate colored glitter as the icing. At least it was fat free!

So...bet you've been wondering where I've been hiding. I would love to tell you that I've been cruising the Caribbean or eating my way through Italy. Ahh, if only! Unfortunately, I've been dealing with some upper GI issues which have grown significantly worse over the last month or so. I've had some tests run and am still waiting for some results. We don't think it's cancer or ulcers, but we are still trying to accurately diagnose and manage the issues. It looked I was getting a little better over the weekend, but things are starting to flare again. All that to say that I haven't had much energy to be crafting or on my computer, but I am hoping and praying that changes soon! Life is just better with crafting and computers!

Anyway, happy belated birthday to Cheri and Karen! Hope your days were delightful in every way! Love and miss you..

3 comments:

Lori said...

Such a cute Bella card. I haven't played with Bella in such a long time. Tell me, is Karen the little girl who's hair you cut off?

arlene said...

Love the cards, my motto is "Better late than never"

So hope all is well, I've been thinking of you a lot.

HUGS!

Tanya said...

I agree, bakin in heels is a recipe for disaster! Love your ribbon/bow=) I also love how you gave her red hair;) I hope you're feeling better and they get this figured out soon! (((HUGS)))