Friday, September 10, 2010

Tea for Three

Emma gave me an invitation to tea for my birthday. We went to the American Girl Store for a kid-friendly tea. They even gave Emma a seat for Lucy, her Bitty Baby! And yes, Lucy wore the new outfit I bought for her on my birthday.
This photo makes me laugh! I was wearing shiny lip gloss. Emma asked me to kiss her so that some of it would rub off on her lips!
This one makes me laugh, too! Emma decided to check the temperature of her tea before she sipped it~why haven't I ever thought of this? LOL
We each received a tray of food like this! The top plate had a skewer of fresh fruit, a mini muffin, and a small dish of yogurt. The middle plate had a ham sandwich on a mini pretzel roll, a star-shaped turkey and provolone sandwich, and a heart-shaped grilled cheese sandwich. The bottom plate had a chocolate chip cookie, a brownie, and a mini cupcake.
Me and my favorite girls...
Emma out-ate me and Brittany! She ate everything but the ham sandwich and the cookie!
Let me just say that I love being a grandma~what a blessing it is! Moments like these make life sweet! I simply cannot imagine anything better...

2 comments:

Lori said...

Awww. Isn't that adorable!!! Your birthday present from me is on it's way.

Tanya said...

Aw, that is so sweet! Yes, I agree...being a grandma is the best! I can't wait to enjoy moments like that=) Have a great weekend!