Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My 48th...a Bit Late!

Yikes! I've been soooo busy that I haven't had time to post these. But it's been a good busy~school has started again, so I get to have Emma all day while Brittany works. She is so much fun! Anyway, here are some shots from my birthday. First we went out for breakfast before Brittany and Rick headed off to work.
Then I took Emma to the American Girl store~Lucy (her Bitty Baby) needed a new outfit!
Then I got slammed with a migraine, which ended the celebration. So we postponed until the next weekend and went into Boston. Look at what we saw on the highway! I haven't seen an Oscar-Meyer-Wienermobile in 20-some years. Emma thought this was sooo cool! Remember the jingle? "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer wiener. That is what I truly want to be. 'Cause if I was an Oscar Meyer wiener, then everyone would be in love with me!"
We went to Stephanie's on Newbury Street for Sunday brunch. One word: fabulous! Newbury Street is Boston's version of Rodeo Drive. There are many stores I would never shop in, not only because of the ridiculous prices, but because of the ridiculous styles! Seriouly, who shops in those funky, high-end designer stores?
Emma knows how to live the good life~she stops to smell the roses!
After brunch, we spent two hours in the Boston Garden. I took so many pictures that I'll post them separately. But we did pick up chocolate-dipped cannolis from Mike's Pastry in Boston's North End~totally a desert that makes it worth being fat! LOL
Mom, I know you are dying to know what I got for my birthday! Rick gave me the new iPhone, which I love! What's even better is that I sold my old iPhone on eBay and got almost what Rick paid for the new one. He let me spend the money on something else~so now I have an iPad! Woo hoo! Yes, I am a total technology geek. Who'd have thought that would ever happen? Ha! (Mom, go to www.apple.com and you can see my new toys.) A few months back, Brittany treated me to dinner and the Carrie Underwood concert as my Mother's Day/birthday gift. We had a fabulous time! Brennan and Keaton gave me some awesome noise-canceling headphones, the kind that go over my ears and don't hurt. Yay! (I've tried numerous pairs of ear buds, but they all hurt my teeny ears.) My gift from Emma was an invitation to tea. I'll post those pictures another day. Thanks, too, to Kristy, Christy, Robyn, Lesly, Arlene, Beth, Kristin, Mo, Rick's mom, and my Mom~you all made me feel so loved!

So now I am two years closer to needing my first colonoscopy. I can hardly wait. And now that you have the Oscar Meyer jingle stuck in your head, try to have a great day anyway!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Late Birthday Vicki, I am glad you had a great time minus the migraine!!

Tanya said...

Aw, looks like you had a fabulous birthday Vicki! Sorry the celebrations ended with a migraine, ugh! Did my card make it to you? Too funny about the colonoscopy...

arlene said...

You do realize I've been singing the Oscar Meyer song for 2 days now right. - Thanks

It looks as if you had a blast at your girls tea party. Hope all is better with the migraines and hoping to see you soon.