Friday, September 3, 2010

Beachy Keen

Last week, Rick took a much needed day off so we went to a beach in Rhode Island. The beaches there are so pretty and clean! The water's not too cold, but not quite warm enough to swim for a long time. True to form, Emma doesn't care~she loves everything about the beach!

I cracked up when we picked her up. She couldn't decide if she should wear her pink flip flops or her green ones, so she wore one of each! Oh to be 3! Can you imagine the looks I would get if I wore two different shoes?
Here are my beautiful girls!
Emma wanted me to take a picture of the shell she found.
I love this photo of her shadow, especially of her raised right foot.
Emma being a cool dude-ette.
What's a trip to the beach without a photo of a seagull? I like seagulls~as long as they are not trying to steal my food or flying directly above my head. This one just seemed to be enjoying his surroundings. Look at the cool water drops I caught mid-air.
I like this one~you can see the curl of the wave right before it broke.
Rick's dream...
Emma and Papa built a sandcastle. Not just any sandcastle, mind you. Papa the engineer built a well-designed sand fort!
Ta da!
Love this shot of Emma's sandy toes!
Not a single photo of me at the beach. Guess that's what happens when you're the one hogging the camera. LOL But seriously~you would NOT want to see me in my swimsuit anyway!

Hurricane Earl is on his way to MA. We are far enough inland that for us it will just be a big rainstorm this afternoon and tonight, followed by a beautiful weekend. We have one bedroom left to paint tomorrow, and then we are taking a break from painting until January.

Hope you have a nice Labor Day weekend!

3 comments:

Amber Hight said...

Oh I hope Earl leaves you alone! These are darling pics, Emma is such a cutie patootie!

Christy Lynn said...

Looks like tons of fun! If it does rain a lot thanks to Earl, I say you stay in and have fun scrappin' or stampin'. That's what I'm doing this weekend, conveniently ignoring all the things I *need* to be doing before we move!!

Lori said...

Love all your photos. Wish I had my camera back so that I could take fun photos.