Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Few Cards...

My SIL, Kristin, made this card and sent it to me for my birthday. Isn't it stunning? I absolutely love it!
Kristin used a beaching technique that I have never tried. She explained it to me, and it's really easy! You need cardstock that is dyed all the way through. (SU's smooth cardstock is perfect!) Stamp your image with Versamark clear ink, then emboss with black embossing powder and a heat gun. Use a Clorox gel bleach pen and a cheap paintbrush (I bought kids' paintbrushes at Target for $2) and paint the gel bleach wherever you want to lighten or remove the color. Then use markers to "recolor" as desired.

I stamped this on SU's Pumpkin Pie (orange) cardstock. I bleached the background (everything but the pumpkins) until it was yellow. Then I used SU markers to color in the leaves. I also colored the pumpkins to make them more vibrant. Next, I lightly bleached some areas to get varied shades of green and orange. This was so easy and so much fun! Thanks for teaching me something new, Kristin!
These were my "thank you" notes for my birthday gifts. I used Soft Flock on the flower centers. I love the texture that Soft Flock adds.
This is the inside.
See~I actually crafted! LOL I'll put up some scrapbook pages tomorrow.

Happy almost weekend!

2 comments:

arlene said...

Your card came out gorgeous. What a neat technique. The only dumb question I have is a Clorox gel bleach pen like a Tide Stick?

Christy Lynn said...

Yay for getting crafty! I've managed to make a few cards even though we're in billeting right now...I had parts and pieces cut out already ;) Can't wait to see your scrapbook pages!