Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Nest is Empty...

...and I am sad about it. Unfortunately, Rick is traveling and wasn't here to say goodbye.

Brittany is a high school U.S. history teacher and is a fabulous mom to Emma. They just moved into a really nice apartment which (thankfully) is only 5 minutes away. Brennan and Keaton left this morning for their road trip to California. Keaton lives in Berkeley and attends UC Berkeley, majoring in math and physics. Brennan is headed to Stanford to begin his PhD fellowship in electrical engineering. They are all awesome adults and I couldn't be more proud of or happy for them. But I am really going to miss them...

Here are my precious kids and granddaughter.
Emma wanted her own picture with her uncles.
Here I am, already crying...
Kisses goodbye...
And they're off.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Ahh that is sad, but so happy they are all such great adults. At least little Emma is not far from her Giffy!!

Amber Hight said...

Oh you poor thing:( What a beautiful family you have, and SO successful! That's awesome, you have a bunch of smarty pants kids! I wish I had half their brains, lmbo! BIG hugs sweetie, now you can enjoy some alone time with your sweetie;)

Christy Lynn said...

So how are you dealing with the empty nest syndrome, my friend?