Monday, August 9, 2010

Mom's 80th Birthday

We've been home a week, and I am finally getting around to posting pictures from our vacation! The week's been crazy. Brittany and Emma moved into their apartment, so now we have a lot of rearranging to do in our house. And I've been bitten big time by the cleaning/purging/reorganizing bug. Every single cupboard, drawer, etc. is being cleaned, one room at a time. The good news is that soon I will have all of my craft stuff organized in the basement instead of in my dining room! In the meantime, here are some photos from our trip to CA. First up are a few taken at Rick's mom's house as we celebrated her 80th birthday.

Emma painted this bowl for her great grandma. The flowers on the rim are made from her fingerprints!
These are just a few of family members that were there. Rick has 2 brothers and 3 sisters. The grandkids vary in age from 5 to 30! You can see Miss Emma in the left foreground. She's the only great-grandchild. The other young kids are grandchildren. In the background you can see Barbara (Rick's sister), Rick, Brennan, and Michael (Rick's brother).
Brittany and Miss Emma, because I can never have enough pictures of them! LOL
Rick's mom took all of her kids and grandkids (29 people!) on a cruise to Ensenada to celebrate her birthday. Before we left on the cruise, we met my mom for a quick lunch because Keaton wasn't going to be able to see her after the cruise. Here's my baby boy with my mom.
And here's my mom with Emma.
And that's all she wrote for today. Tomorrow I'll post some cruise shots. Happy Monday!

No comments: