Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fun in the Sun

After we disembarked the ship, we hit Newport Beach. Oh, to be 3 and not care that sand goes everywhere! LOL
I love this shot~I captured sand mid-air!
And I love these shots of Rick and Emma. I couldn't pick a favorite, so I am posting all 3!

Then we checked into the Disneyland Hotel. Emma (with Brennan) was immediately enthralled!
We ventured out to Downtown Disney, where we couldn't resist the Lego Store~what a fun place! Emma posed with a larger-than-life-sized Woody.
Check out Darth Vader! Even his cloak was made from Legos. He was just too cool! (I took this photo just for you, Christy!)
Emma loves the Disney movie The Princess and the Frog, the setting of which is New Orleans. As we strolled through Downtown Disney, we came across a restaurant specializing in New Orleans cuisine. Because of its New Orleans architectural style, Emma thought the restaurant was Tiana's Place from the movie (the main character opens a restaurant), and she thought that the jazz music was being played by Louis (a horn-playing alligator in the film). In the hopes of seeing Tiana, she begged us to eat dinner there. Of course, we acquiesced!

2 comments:

arlene said...

Looks as if you had a fabulous time in CA, between the cruise & Disney it doesn't get much better than that.

Your photography is amazing. Love the action shots, you are getting sooo good with your camera.

Christy Lynn said...

I want to go to Disneyland with YOU, Vicki! I never got one of those princess dresses when I was a kid, and now Emma has two :) I think it's funny we both posted Disney photos right about the same time, including a pic taken on a ride!