Thursday, August 26, 2010

Camp Giffy & Papa

She got to pet a sheep that had just been shorn.
We have wild turkeys that roam through our yard (we don't have fences), but none of them are as pretty as this guy.
Emma was quite entertained by the pig races! Here's the thing: they give the pigs morsels of cream-filled cookies (the blonde Oreos), then place a bowl full of them on the finish line. The pigs actually race for cookies! I'm thinking they could run the same race for people...
Oops...the cookies are the other way, dude!
Emma played a game...
...and won a prize! She was thrilled!
And then we hit the rides.
The ferris wheel wasn't open while we were there, but I had to get at least one photo through tree branches!
This is my favorite photo from the day!
When Brittany and Emma moved out, they took most of Emma's toys to their new home. Since I will still be watching Emma while Brittany teaches, I was forced~yes forced~ to buy a slew of toys and make a "toy cabinet" for Emma. Besides, I'm a grandma~and everybody knows that the coolest toys should be at grandma's house, right? Of course, Rick wanted to know why it cost him so much money when Brittany moved. LOL Anyway, Emma donned her Jesse gear. (Jesse is the cowgirl in the Toy Story movies.)
Then she played with her new princess dolls.
This is Tina, Keaton's girlfriend. We don't get to see her too often, as she attends Stanford. Emma painted this vase for her at one of those paint-your-own-pottery studios.
This photo really makes me chuckle! I bought the Hungry, Hungry Hippos game~a game which my own kids loved when they were little. Emma wanted to show Brennan, Keaton, and Tina the toy cabinet. They immediately spotted the game and reminisced about it. So the four of them sat there playing Hungry, Hungry Hippos!
And here's Miss Emma enjoying some bubbles as every kid should! Kinda makes me want to take a bubble bath.
Now I need to order these prints and get them in a scrapbook.
Happy almost weekend!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Hi Vicki! Thank-you for your sweet comment, so nice to wake up to this morning=) I love your pictures. You are so good at capturing such precious moments. I especially love the details about each photo=) I'm excited to have those moments with my grandsons! I always love your through the tree shots, they are always amazing!

arlene said...

Looks like another very successful "camping" time @ your Camp Giffy & Papa.

Looks as if the fair was a big hit too. Your photos are terrific and I can't decide which photo is my favorite.

See you soon.